Finance and Administration Manager
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Crime/Legal
Postal code: 02111
Country: United States
$1M - $3M
Founded in 2016, Prosecutor Impact (www.prosecutorimpact.com) is a not-for-profit organization and a fiscally sponsord project of TSNE MissionWorks (www.tsne.org) built around the mission of improving community safety in the United States through a better understanding of the most important actor in the criminal justice system: the criminal prosecutor. Our belief is that with access to a larger toolbox including training, technology, better data, and improved incentives, prosecutors will pursue outcomes that:
- Improve safety of the community;
- Repair harm of victims;
- Improve the long-term health of the community;
- Hold those who commit crimes accountable in ways that increase their chances for success in the community.
The Finance and Administration Manager will play a pivotal role in Prosecutor Impact’s (PI) next phase of development, managing the day-to-day effectiveness of PI, including our finance, human resources and administrative functions. As a member of the operational leadership team, the Finance and Administration Manager will collaborate in developing and implementing systems that increase the effectiveness and efficiency of our work and support our ability to grow and expand our impact, including supporting the organization’s transition from fiscal sponsorship, to a stand-alone 501(c)(3) organization. This is an outstanding opportunity for a motivated and detail-oriented individual who wants to make a substantial impact while gaining a broad set of experiences in nonprofit leadership. Prosecutor Impact is a fiscally sponsored project of TSNE MissionWorks.
Finance and Compliance
- Execute day-to-day finance and accounting operations; this includes processing deposits, payables, reimbursements, invoicing and maintaining the general ledger and budget to actuals;
- Collate financial reporting materials for all donor segments, and oversee all financial,project/program and grants accounting;
- Work with accounting firm to prepare tax reporting and returns including Form 990; support annual audit;
- Lead annual budgeting and planning processes, administer financial plans and budgets, monitor progress and changes, and keep executive leadership abreast of the organization’s financial status;
- Analyze and work with executive leadership to design and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly and annual financial statements;
- Work with the operational leadership team to develop and implement a robust contracts and grants management and financial management/ reporting system; establish contract billing and collection schedule and ensure timely execution; ensure that financial data and cash flow forecasting is accurate and supports operational requirements;
- Maintain impeccable files and strengthen document management systems as appropriate;
- Ensure compliance with federal and state requirements;
- Liaise with insurance brokers and legal support services
Administration (Human Resources, Grants, Contracts, Infrastructure)
- Coordinate the development of HR policies and procedures, and support HR needs as appropriate;
- Ensure HR files are maintained and work with co-employer/payroll provider to make sure all expected services are rendered and that HR requirements in all states of employment are met;
- Coordinate hiring and onboarding of all new department employees; coordinate annual review process;
- Coordinate execution of contracts with consultants: including payments, deliverables and work schedules;
- Manage grant funding including pre and post award responsibilities (applications, monitoring, reporting);
- Contribute to the development and integration of new business policies and processes as needed;
- Manage office operations as required;
- Maintain, administer and train others on effective use of platforms and systems, including HubSpot, Slack, Google Suite, future selected financial and HR software, email accounts, etc.;
- Manage relationships with vendors and service providers, as appropriate;
- Provide support for board and committee meetings;
- Provide administrative support to leadership and staff as appropriate;
- Across all areas of work, contribute to annual operations calendars and manuals;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to thrive in a "start-up" atmosphere and lead on the implementation of new processes and platforms;
- Ability to travel for periodic in-person meetings;
- Ability to work remotely;
- Ability to work flexible hours to accommodate occasional early and late meetings coordinating with virtual team in different time zones and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Salary Commensurate with Experience. A Competitive Benefits Package.
We will consider exceptional candidates who demonstrate a strong combination of the specific qualifications and skills described below.
- Strong commitment to PI’s mission and values;
- High levels of professional effectiveness, collaboration, integrity, optimism, and high energy;
- Outstanding organization and detail orientation;
- Demonstrated experience in financial management and accounting, including in non-profit organizations;
- Experience with audit, legal compliance, and budget development;
- Experience effectively communicating key data including presentations to senior management, the Board and/or other outside partners/influencers/clients;
- General business management skills;
- Organizational development and human resources management experience preferred; recruiting experience desired;
- Comfort with cloud technology; experience with Quickbooks or related systems preferred;
- Excellent verbal and written communication with a keen attention to detail;
- Experience with contracts management, administration and office management;
- Relationship development and management skills; orientation to network-building;
- Flexible and adaptive work style with the ability to thrive in a growing, entrepreneurial, mission-driven environment;
- Passion for social impact.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those for this position. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
Work is performed remotely.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is required to:
- Talk, hear and see in the normal range with or without correction;
- Handle, or feel objects, tools or controls;
- Move, Traverse; sit; reach; occasionally Ascend/Descend, and position self (to), move;
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds;
- Job is not subject to significant occupational or environmental hazards;
- Likelihood of personal injury would be relatively slight;
- Environmental and work hazards are not present to a measurable degree.
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
In order to apply for this position, please view the job description on the TSNE Missionworks website here, and follow the steps to apply.
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert