Preservation Action Council of San Jose (PAC*SJ)
Position Type: Part-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Other
City: San Jose
Postal code: 95112
Country: United States
$0 - $1M
The Preservation Action Council of San Jose (PAC*SJ), founded in 1990, is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, dedicated to preserving and promoting the continued use of historically significant resources in San Jose, and to encouraging quality new design. We believe that preserving San Jose's past encourages community pride, enhances local quality of life, benefits the environment by supporting reuse and recycling, helps increase property values, and promotes tourism and trade.
We strive to build consensus among residents, city government, and developers to support historic preservation land use and development decisions in the City of San Jose. We work with these constituencies when planning development projects to advocate historic sensitivity that also makes economic sense.
The Board of the Preservation Action Council of San Jose (PAC*SJ)
Commensurate with qualifications and experience
or Full time (negotiable), flexible hours – evening community and city meetings
will fall outside standard business hours
San Jose: PAC*SJ Office or work from home negotiable.
Purpose of position: To further the mission of PAC*SJ to preserve San Jose’s architectural
heritage through education, advocacy and events.
Advocacy, Development and Community Outreach
- Vigorously advocate the Board’s position on historic preservation and land use including liaising with relevant organizations, government entities and developers
- Lead by the Board, plan and implement fundraising events, obtain grants, increase membership and cultivate donors
Policy Implementation and Public Relations
- Provide the central point of communication for PAC*SJ
- Represent PAC*SJ in public meetings/hearings and to the media
- Lead and coordinate social media presence
Organizational Management and Development
- Evaluate and report to the Board on a quarterly basis the progress of the Strategic Plan and recommend updates to the Plan to ensure satisfactory continued implementation in conjunction with PAC*SJ committees
- Manage administration including staffing, budgets and reporting along with the Treasurer and Board President.
Four-year degree majoring in a relevant field or equivalent; Experience and familiarity with historic preservation principles and guidelines preferred
Experience working with City Planning departments or similar and past success with not-for-profit organizations, Boards and working with diverse groups
Strong problem solving, team building, and conflict resolution skills
Familiarity with local land use processes, historic reports, CEQA and landmark designation
Strong marketing, PR, fundraising experience and written and verbal skills
Unwavering commitment to quality programs and data driven program evaluation
Passion, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven and self-directed
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert