Senior Strategy officer
Conrad N. Hilton Foundation
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Function: Strategic Planning
Primary domain: Foundation/Grantmaking
City: Westlake Village
Postal code: 91362
Country: United States
The Conrad N. Hilton Foundation is a family foundation established in 1944 that provides funds to nonprofit organizations working to improve the lives of individuals living in poverty and experiencing disadvantage throughout the world.
The Conrad N. Hilton Foundation (“The Foundation”) is seeking an experienced and skilled individual to join the foundation as a Senior Strategy Officer (SSO) supporting strategy and learning efforts across the Foundation’s grant making programs and other departments. This is a new position, and it is being added to support the Foundation’s growing strategic learning practice as well as its current 5-year strategic planning process. The Senior Strategy Officer will play a pivotal role at Conrad N. Hilton Foundation.
Working in close partnership with the Vice President of Strategy and Programs (VPSP); the Director of Strategy, Learning, Evaluation; the Senior Learning Officer; and the Senior Program Officers for Initiatives, and other leaders across the Foundation, you will provide strategic planning leadership and guidance, generate draft strategy memos and PowerPoint presentations, conduct landscapes, and design and facilitate strategy meetings.
ABOUT THE CONRAD N. HILTON FOUNDATION
The Conrad N. Hilton Foundation is a family foundation established in 1944 by the man who started Hilton Hotels. The Foundation provides funds to nonprofit organizations working to improve the lives of individuals living in poverty and experiencing disadvantage throughout the world. Since its inception, the Foundation has awarded more than $1.8 billion in grants globally through grantmaking programs and Humanitarian Prize work. The Foundation’s assets are approximately $2.8 billion, with significant growth in the endowment expected in the next two years. The Foundation is located in the renovated former headquarters of Dole Food Company in the Westlake Village, California, a city in Los Angeles County on its northern border with Ventura.
For more information about the Conrad N. Hilton Foundation, please visit https://www.hiltonfoundation.org.
· 10 years + of experience in a professional setting, including five years of experience in a formal strategy consulting role and two years in a project management role
· Experience at a leading strategy consulting firm
· Experience in philanthropy, including past experience working with senior leadership
· Experience working on and leading strategy teams
· Intellectual agility, including the ability to quickly understand new issues, analyze qualitative and quantitative data, spot patterns, and make connections across topics/issues.
· Proven ability to design and facilitate productive, engaging meetings
· Strong Power-Point skills
· A Graduate degree in public health, public policy, social welfare, or a related field. (e.g., MBA, MPP)
· Experience supervising and developing staff
· Experience or familiarity with strategic learning principles and practices
· Experience and comfort working both independently and under close supervision, as required by the task
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Michelle R.S. Bonoan and Navid Nakai of Koya Leadership Partners have been exclusively retained for this search. All expressions of interest and recommendations will be maintained in the strictest of confidence. To express your interest in this role please submit a compelling cover letter and resume here or by email to Michelle and/or Navid at the following:
Michelle R.S. Bonoan
The Conrad N. Hilton Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and we seek candidates from all backgrounds and experiences.
ABOUT KOYA LEADERSHIP PARTNERS
Koya Leadership Partners, a member of the Diversified Search Group, is a leading executive search and strategic advising firm dedicated to connecting exceptionally talented people with mission-driven clients. Our founding philosophy—The Right Person in the Right Place Can Change the World—guides our work as we partner with nonprofits & NGOs, institutions of higher education, responsible businesses, and social enterprises in local communities and around the world.
For more information about Koya Leadership Partners, visit www.koyapartners.com.
Posted By: Koya Leadership Partners
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert