Government Relations Fellow
U. S. Soccer Foundation, Inc.
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Function: Strategic Planning
Primary domain: Youth Development
Postal code: 20036
State: Washington, DC
Country: United States
The mission of the U.S. Soccer Foundation is to enhance, assist and grow the sport of soccer in the United States, with a special emphasis on underserved communities.
We view soccer as a powerful vehicle for social change. By supporting the development of places to play, places to grow, and places to learn, our goal is to ensure that children in underserved communities have easy and affordable access to quality soccer programs that support their physical and personal development.
The Government Relations Fellow will have the following primary responsibilities:
- Update the U.S. Soccer Foundation’s Congressional Agenda
- Work closely with the Congressional Soccer Caucus around hill related events and local site visits
- Help coordinate content-based briefings that will educate the hill audience around important issues surrounding mentorship, health and wellness, and the built environment
- Identify and prospect municipal partnership opportunities
- Supporting the prospecting of national, state and local entities that can become partners in scaling efforts (hospital systems, youth development organizations, government entities, etc.)
- Developing materials that will be used to steward partnerships
- Developing reports that will be shared with strategic growth partners
WHAT YOU WILL BRING:
A successful candidate will possess:
- A bachelor’s degree or higher
- Background/ interest in Public Policy or social entrepreneurship
- Excellent communication skills, including writing, oral, copyediting, and proofreading skills
- Positive attitude and a strong work ethic
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, multitask, and prioritize
- Ability to problem solve and think critically and analytically
- Strong attention to detail and possesses high level of organization
- Model a mature and professional demeanor and have strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to work with a wide range of team members
- Solid commitment to bettering the lives of children through mentorship and sports
- Experience with the Microsoft Office suite of programs, managing informational systems, and database processes
- Experience with Salesforce is a plus
$14.00/hour. SmartBenefits of up to $260/month and Complimentary gym membership
Less than $60k
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
APPLICANT INSTRUCTIONS: Interested applicants must include resume, cover letter, two (2) writing samples, and at least two references, one of which is supervisory in nature. References must include name, organization, title, and contact information for each individual listed. The two writing samples should be uploaded alongside the cover letter.
Application link: https://ussoccerfoundation.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=29
We wish we could respond to individual inquiries but unfortunately, that is not possible. We encourage you to visit our website to learn more about the U.S. Soccer Foundation at www.ussoccerfoundation.org.
The U.S. Soccer Foundation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert