Founded in 2014 as a leadership and innovation lab within Pacific School of Religion (PSR), Ignite Institute bridges ancient wisdom and transformative innovation to develop visionary, effective, and socially responsible leaders and organizations. Ignite Institute aims to develop leadership programs that reach new audiences in for-profit, government, and nonprofit sectors, and over time generate sufficient income to contribute to PSR’s financial sustainability.
The Executive Director of Ignite Institute will have the unique opportunity to take an entity that is in early stages of development and drive it to scale, garnering support from a committed board, outstanding and seasoned faculty, and institutional resources. This leader will also benefit from partnership with the President of Pacific School of Religion, David Vasquez-Levy, a visionary academic leader and nationally recognized immigration leader who leads at the intersection of faith, higher education, and social change.
The Executive Director will provide strategic, entrepreneurial, and operational leadership to position Ignite as a nationally recognized provider of cross-sector, spiritually rooted, transformative leadership and will be committed to Ignite’s vision. This leader will drive revenue growth and will contribute to PSR’s financial sustainability by partnering with faculty to create innovative and cutting-edge programs that serve the mission of playing a critical role in the formation of leaders. The position reports directly to the President of Pacific School of Religion.
ABOUT IGNITE INSTITUTE
The Ignite Institute bridges ancient wisdom and transformative innovation to develop visionary, effective, and socially responsible leaders and organizations. Ignite Institute recognizes that at the core of today’s leadership challenges are long-standing questions of meaning-making, justice, power, and relationships that humans have wrestled with for generations. We bring together the ancient wisdom gained by diverse communities across time and cultures to bear on the issues raised by disruptive forces of change. We help leaders match mission with impact, grow profit with purpose, and understand and influence the social impact of their organization’s strategic and operational decisions. Our Fusion Leadership (FL) programs bring together PRS’s expertise in Ancient Wisdom with leading-edge experts from various sectors to prepare leaders with the vision, resilience, and skill to create a world where all can thrive.
Through intentionally diverse, cross-sector cohort experiences in each of these programs, Ignite prepares individuals to lead effectively and with purpose in creating a world where all can thrive. For more information, visit the Ignite Institute website.
In partnership with the President and the Ignite Leadership Council, the Executive Director will be responsible for positioning Ignite as a nationally recognized provider of cross-sector, spiritually rooted, transformative leadership. The Executive director will be responsible for:
· Creating and implementing a business plan to achieve Ignite’s strategic mission, that generates contributed and earned income to fund the Institute’s work and contribute to a more sustainable future for PSR
· Working with PSR President, faculty and strategic partners to develop leadership programs that reach new audiences in private, nonprofit, and government sectors, helping to strengthen the capacity of organizations and communities to bring about significant social change
· Leading Ignite’s team in developing and implementing Ignite’s programs with excellence and in alignment the school’s core values and strategic initiatives
· Serving as a key spokesperson and translator for the mission and work of Ignite
· Responsible for the fiscal management of Ignite Institute, including managing the operating budget and P&L
· Identifying and cultivating key strategic partners in business, government, and social change sectors, including leveraging PSR’s extensive network of partners and its AshokaU Changemaker designation https://ashokau.org/
· In partnership with PSR’s Communications Office and Ignite staff, developing an effective branding, marketing, and cultivation plan for Ignite’s offerings
· In partnership with PSR’s Office of Institutional Advancement and Ignite staff, identifying grant opportunities to support the institute’s work
· Leading ongoing evaluation and assessment of Ignite’s efforts
· Providing verbal and written reports to important stakeholders
· Engaging PSR’s faculty in the development of content and aligning Ignite with the broader PSR mission
· Integrating the operations of the institute with PSR’s core business systems, policies, and procedures to position the institute for cost-effective growth