QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able
to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below
are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
· BS Degree in or related field strongly preferred plus 10 years progressively more responsible experience working with elected officials, city/county staff, nonprofit organizations and education institutions.
· Master’s Degree preferred.
COMPETENCIES REQUIRED (unless stated otherwise)
· Knowledge of philanthropic institutions and best practices of these organizations.
· Knowledge of how various public sector institutions and organizations operate.
· Sound judgment and decision making
· Planning skills
· Problem solving skills
· Negotiation skills
· Works effectively with deadlines
· Meeting facilitation skills
· Open to feedback
· Prioritization skills
· Good collaboration and teamwork skills
· Strong organizational skills
· Ability to develop and manage a budget
· Adaptable and flexible with change
· Strategic thinking skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Good coping skills in high stress situations
· Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
· MS Office Suite