Individual Giving & Special Events Manager
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: International/Foreign Affairs
Postal code: 11201
State: New York
Country: United States
$1M - $3M
Yamba Malawi transforms children’s lives by empowering communities to break the cycle of poverty and invest in their children’s futures.
Founded in 2006, Yamba Malawi envisions a world where strong, self-reliant communities build brighter futures for children. Through holistic livelihood interventions centered on sustainable and scalable businesses, financial management, and coaching on childhood wellbeing, Yamba Malawi empowers communities to build brighter futures for children and improve outcomes across food security, health, education, and protection. Each year, Yamba Malawi’s livelihoods program touches the lives of over 100,000 children.
Yamba Malawi is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit with a passionate team located in Lilongwe, Malawi and Brooklyn, New York.
Yamba Malawi is looking for a hard-working, passionate, and detail-oriented self-starter to join the Development Team, with a particular focus on individual fundraising and special events.
The Individual Fundraising & Special Events Manager will use outstanding interpersonal and communication skills to maximize resources, work efficiently, and motivate their peers and team. As a key leader of the Yamba Malawi team, you’ll be responsible for stewarding existing supporters and building key relationships to curate a portfolio of engaged, inspired donors across individuals, family foundations, and brands. You will thrive on the fast-paced and detailed environment of events, and will be passionate about creating impactful, meaningful experiences that engage supporters of all levels, ages, and backgrounds. You never shy away from a challenge, and can effortlessly move from high level strategic thinking to microanalysis of data and spreadsheets.
The Individual Giving & Special Events Manager will report to the VP of Strategy and Partnership, and will work closely with the Development Manager, who is responsible for institutional giving and development systems. This role offers a unique opportunity to be a key influencer in contributing to our long-term growth strategy.
- Collaborate with the Executive Director and VP of Strategy & Partnerships to create an annual fundraising plan, including short- and long-term measurable key performance indicators and growth goals..
- Perform analysis on development performance and donor trends, draw out critical insights, and develop action plans for the Development team
- Manage and grow a diverse portfolio of major donors and execute a multi-pronged, metrics-driven approach across giving levels, geographies, and backgrounds.
- Drive fundraising best practices, including systems utilization, prospecting, donor reporting, analytics, and donor communications.
- Assist in the management of Development systems, processes, and platforms, including Classy, Mailchimp, Salesforce, etc.
- Implement and strategize around giving circles, including but not limited to monthly donors, our Young Professionals Committee, and pledge circle initiatives.
- Support donors in hosting challenge/endurance events and crowdfunding campaigns to benefit Yamba Malawi
- Manage the development and maintenance of event strategy, workplans, and budgets, integrated high-level and detailed milestones as outlined by the Development Department.
- Act as the primary point of contact with external production teams, vendors, and event partners, collaborating to execute event plans
- Collaborate with the VP of Strategy & Partnerships on event theme, decor, messaging, and creative
- Manage honorees, host committees, leadership, and invite lists for all Yamba Malawi events, including the annual Gala, intimate dinners, stewardship events, and more.
- Develop corporate and individual relationships for in-kind donations and sponsorships to help minimize event costs and maximize fundraising potential.
- Recruit, train, and manage event volunteers to ensure smooth event execution.
- Work closely with the Communications team to deliver high impact content and reporting that connects donors with our work, with a focus on increasing support and maximizing brand exposure around events in both the US and Malawi.
- Analyze digital analytics around marketing campaigns to align marketing strategy with overall revenue generation strategy.
- Work closely with Yamba Malawi leadership on special projects, including brand collaborations, influencer engagement, and public relations.
- Collaborate with the VP of Strategy & Partnerships and the Development Manager to develop creative and impactful content that connects donors with their impact, with the goal of strengthening giving rates and increasing gift size
- Four to six years of work experience with individual donors and special events
- Ability to handle multiple time-sensitive tasks simultaneously and prioritize tasks appropriately.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently prioritize multiple deadlines.
- A results-oriented nature and the ability to work well with people at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to foster a team-oriented environment.
- Experience with Salesforce, and online fundraising platforms a plus.
- Management experience preferred but not required.
- Must be passionate about the mission of the Organization.
- Persistence, patience, and a sense of urgency around each task and project.
- Familiarity with Southern Africa and issues of poverty preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
$60k - 65k
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Please send cover letter, resume, and writing sample (i.e. grant application) to [email protected]
and include “Individual Giving & Special Events Manager” in the subject line. No phone calls, personal emails, or LinkedIn requests please.
Yamba Malawi is an equal opportunity employer.
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert