Center on Addiction is the nation’s leading science-based nonprofit dedicated to transforming how the nation addresses addiction by empowering families, advancing effective care, shaping public policy, and changing culture. With headquarters located in midtown Manhattan, Center on Addiction is the only national organization committed to supporting the whole family as they address every aspect of substance use and addiction, from prevention to recovery. For more information, visit www.centeronaddiction.org.
Center on Addiction is seeking a full-time Grants Manager to work with the research team to support both pre-award and post-award functions, including the development, submission and renewal of various types of sponsored projects from a variety of sponsors including NIH, private foundations, government, and industry. The Grants Manager reports to the President and collaborates with other departments, including the legal/compliance team and finance department.
· Ensure compliance with sponsor guidelines, policies, processes, and regulations, as well as Center on Addiction policies and procedures.
· Maintain current knowledge of/advise research staff on federal grant guidelines, policies, and procedures.
· Help identify funding opportunities.
· Prepare, review and format proposal documents.
· Work with finance department to develop grant budgets/budget justifications.
· Liaise with other departments/external institutions to obtain required application documents, including for collaborative proposals/sub-awards.
· Complete and review application packages and enter proposals on electronic systems.
· Respond to sponsor requests for additional information about pending proposals, including National Institutes of Health (NIH) Just-In-Time requests.
· Document proposal submission and track ongoing status.
· Collaborate on award acceptance and project/account set up.
· Review new awards and communicate essential terms and requirements to PIs.
· Revise proposal budgets if necessary based on award notice.
· Working with the finance department, provide accounting support to PIs and others, including monthly grant reconciliations, grants financial reporting, effort reporting, annual financial planning and year-end close.
· Ensure the accuracy and timeliness of grant related invoice and expenditure payments, requisitions, purchase orders, interdepartmental invoices, expenditure corrections, and journal entries. Keep tracking system and documentation of all invoices received and paid.
· Keep a calendar with all milestones, grant expiration dates and report due dates and work with researchers to prepare reports.
· Manage project finances and budget. Track expenditures and notify PI of any concerns. Develop, review and submit annual progress reports, budget revision, spending projections, personnel effort calculations and other administrative aspects of the process.
· Obtain sponsor approvals for no cost extensions, re-budgeting, and carry over requests.
· Maintain accurate and updated files, demonstrating compliance with NIH Grants Policy, sponsor agreements and internal policies.
· Any other related duties assigned.