Senior Manager, Strategy and Programs
Peter G. Peterson Foundation
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Foundation/Grantmaking
City: New York
Postal code: 10022
State: New York
Country: United States
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
The Peter G. Peterson Foundation (“Peterson Foundation”) is working to secure a healthy, growing economy by addressing America’s long-term fiscal and economic challenges. The Foundation partners with leading decision-makers in government, policy, academia, media, business and issue/constituent groups to build support for solutions to put America on a sustainable fiscal and economic path. As a non-partisan organization, the Foundation engages in grant-making, partnerships and research to educate and involve Americans from a variety of perspectives.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
The Senior Manager, Strategy and Programs will play a critical role in supporting the development and execution of current and brand-new strategic initiatives and programs that support the mission of the Foundation and strengthen its impact and reach. These initiatives will address traditional and emerging issue areas for the Foundation and be cross-functional and interdisciplinary, involving a unique blend of grants, partnerships and internal efforts.
Reporting to the Director of these initiatives, the Senior Manager will work collaboratively across the organization. As the Foundation identifies and launches new initiatives and programs, the Senior Manager will work on strategy, program design, analysis and implementation. The Senior Manager will also engage with external partners, consultants, and vendors, reflecting the multidisciplinary nature of the initiatives and projects this individual will support. More specifically, the responsibilities include:
- Help create, manage and launch programs and initiatives. This may include managing and expanding current projects within the Next Gen-focused portfolio, launching multi-pronged initiatives in the pipeline or developing new programs beyond the scope of the Peterson Foundation’s current focus areas.
- Serve as the key project manager of current and new program(s) by regularly:
- Acting as the relationship manager for program grantees, partners and consultants;
- Leading the strategic process, setting and tracking program deliverables;
- Conducting research and analysis to support the continued development, reach and expansion of the program;
- Coordinating the communications efforts for the program;
- Directing and supporting the development of special events, content and products;
- Developing new ideas and engagement opportunities to build program brand equity;
- Managing grantee, partner, and consultant evaluations, renewals, and administrative processes.
- Support principals to develop, implement and refine the Foundation’s Next Gen engagement strategy as well as other new initiatives.
- Develop and facilitate a process to track the status of various projects, internal and external partners involved, necessary follow-ups, and next steps.
- Track brainstorming and planning conversations and draft follow up planning documents, notes and memos with strategic recommendations, action plans, processes and updates.
- Gather information on organizations, emerging trends, prominent projects, and other relevant considerations, and proactively use such research to guide projects and identify new opportunities for impact.
- Provide support and counsel to Foundation principals regarding prospective and ongoing opportunities for external engagement including assessing and providing recommendations on personal meetings, speaking opportunities, engagements, etc.
ABOUT THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE:
- Approximately five to ten years of experience in program or project management, professional services or related experience; prior program or project design experience required.
- Big picture thinker who can effectively translate and execute strategy into smaller projects, work plans, and processes.
- Skilled in working independently and collaboratively as part of a team as well as experience managing external partners and/or cross-functionally.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and have the organizational skills to prioritize and manage numerous projects at once as they evolve and change.
- Strong analytical skills and impeccable attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to be proactive, take the initiative, have a strong sense of urgency, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with clear, concise, and accurate writing, editing, and proofing skills.
- Ability to coordinate and collaborate with multiple parties both internally and externally.
- Strong interpersonal skills including tact, diplomacy and flexibility to work effectively with a variety of people.
- A desire to learn and grow with comfort around receiving instruction, direction and feedback.
- Adaptable, flexible and comfortable operating with ambiguity.
- Demonstrated interest in and knowledge of fiscal policy and public affairs.
education: Bachelor’s degree required.
Compensation: Salary and benefits are competitive and commensurate with experience.
The Peter G. Peterson Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply for this position.
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Please email cover letter and resume or nominations in confidence to: [email protected]
Posted By: Sandler Search
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert