Foundation and Corporate Relations Manager
Giffords: Courage to Fight Gun Violence
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Advocacy/Social Action
City: San Francisco
Postal code: 94102
Country: United States
Giffords is a nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives from gun violence.
Led by former Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords, Giffords inspires the courage of people from all walks of life to make America safer.
Title: Foundation and Corporate Relations Manager (full time, exempt)
Reports to: Director of Development
Location: San Francisco, CA or Washington, DC
The Foundation and Corporate Relations Manager is responsible for strategy, proposal development and securing foundation and corporate support for Giffords including the 501(c)(4) and the 501(c)(3) affiliated entity, the Giffords Law Center. This position will be responsible for driving research, relationship outreach as well as managing the overall process for writing and preparing all grant reports and annual requests for foundation and corporate support. This position will also serve as the primary resource for all proposal and collateral development for the development team. This position will be responsible for expanding the pipeline of foundation and corporate support from funders across the country. The Foundation and Corporate Relations Manager will work closely with the COO of the Giffords Law Center and the major gift relationship managers. This position will report directly to the Director of Development. CRM tracking is required.
DUTIES + RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with the Director of Development, the major gift relationship managers, and the relevant program staff to strengthen and expand support for programs and initiatives by developing, managing and implementing a fundraising strategy for foundations and corporate support
- Work with staff to develop a deep understanding of programmatic needs and organizational priorities to support foundation interests and grant applications
- Write, edit, and create effective and compelling fundraising collateral, including but not limited to proposals, letters of inquiry, grant applications and reports, stewardship communications, presentations, and acknowledgment letters
- Identify and research grant and other foundation funding opportunities to build a robust pipeline of foundation targets from across the country
- Manage proposal and grant writing processes, including establishing schedules, gathering information, and coordinating with appropriate staff to finalize content
- Execute relevant proposal and grants administration, moves management, application deadlines, and reporting requirements
- Work with executive team and other organizational principals to build relationships with relevant foundation and corporate leadership as well as program staff
- Research and draft briefings for executive leadership in advance of foundation meetings and phone calls
- Liaise with internal program and operations staff to monitor grant spending and progress on grant-funded activity against established timelines
- Track, update, and maintain strict record keeping of all contact and historical information with foundation funders and prospects in the CRM, including important deadlines
- Perform other duties as assigned to move forward the foundation and corporate relations portfolio
Giffords is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an environment that celebrates diversity, equity and inclusion. People of color, trans individuals, gender non-conforming individuals, women, people with differing abilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Three to five years of foundation relations experience or comparable work with foundations—preferably at a nonprofit advocacy or policy-oriented organization or within a foundation setting
- Experience managing a portfolio of foundation, corporate or individual donors as well as managing relationships with both program officers and internal colleagues to create the conditions for success
- Successful track record of managing and writing foundation grant requests, proposals, and reports
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and prospect research skills
- Ability to prioritize and multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team
- Familiarity with 501(c)(3) and 501(c)(4) fundraising regulations is a plus
- Knowledge of fundraising CRM’s including Every Action is desirable
Competitive benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance, 401k plan with employer match, and paid holidays.
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis through January 3, 2020.
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert