Development and Advocacy Director
Great Burn Conservation Alliance
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Environment
Postal code: 59808
Country: United States
$0 - $1M
The Great Burn Conservation Alliance works to protect wildlands and wilderness in the northern Bitterroot Mountains in western Montana and northern Idaho through advocacy, collaboration and on-the-ground stewardship.
The Development and Advocacy Director serves as a primary spokesperson, active policy advocate, and lead fundraiser for the Great Burn Conservation Alliance. This individual works closely with the Stewardship and Outreach Director in the operation of GBCA’s programs and strategic initiatives. Key duties include fundraising, building community support to achieve conservation objectives, influencing Forest Service policy and land management planning, and providing administrative and financial oversight.
Find more information, including the full position description, on our website.
Essential qualifications include:
- Demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills. Ability to write detailed grants, briefing papers, editorials, campaign plans, grant reports, and donor letters. Ability to speak publicly at meetings with collaboratives, agencies, political constituencies and donor/volunteer events.
- Capacity to lead, inspire and mobilize people—particularly donors, conservation partners, volunteers, and community-based groups—in advancing GBCA’s mission.
- A strong passion for wild areas like the Great Burn and commitment to their protection.
- An ability to work cooperatively in a small office setting with little administrative support.
- Ability to mobilize and manage member and volunteer events.
- Ability to work with residents of small, resource-dependent communities in the rural West.
- Proficiency in the use of office software and other technology and programs, including social media and web-based platforms.
Find more information about qualification requirements on our website
Compensation: $42,000 to $47,000 salary for this full time position, in addition to a generous leave package, relocation assistance, and training opportunities.
Less than $60k
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Applications will be reviewed as they are received and will be accepted until April 3, 2020. We are eager to fill this position and anticipate moving swiftly to bring our new team member on board. Come grow with us
Applicants must provide the following materials in electronic PDF format:
Please end application materials to: [email protected]reatburn.org or to
2825 Stockyard Road Suite A7
Missoula, MT 59808.
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert