Senior Associate, Advisory
The Synergos Institute
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: International/Foreign Affairs
City: New york
Postal code: 10022
State: New York
Country: United States
$10M - $20M
A world built on trust, which is just, equitable, peaceful, and regenerative.Mission
To help solve complex issues around the world by advancing bridging leadership, which builds trust and collective action.Core Values
Equity and social justice – recognizing and respecting the rights of everyone, promoting fairness
Collaboration – honoring everyone’s wisdom and the benefits of diverse perspectives, being humble and open-minded
Compassion – showing empathy, being nurturing and open-hearted
Responsibility – using resources to achieve the greatest impact, being transparent, and honoring commitments
Integrity – acting consistently in an ethical way, being trustworthy
§ Support engagement teams in producing top quality deliverables for client engagements.
§ Collaborate across engagement teams in an agile manner with hybrid teams consisting of Synergos staff, independent consultants, advisors, and various other types of contributors.
§ Perform research and analysis required to complete client assignments.
§ Translate research and analysis into clear and effective output documents for clients.
§ Build trusting relationships with clients to anticipate and meet evolving needs.
§ Support the team in developing new business for Synergos Advisory through client outreach, proposal development, and new product development.
§ Develop and operate tools, methods, processes to undergird service delivery.
§ Support overall Synergos Advisory practice development, including planning, budgeting, contracting, invoicing, financial tracking and management.
§ Minimum 4 years work experience, preferably in a formal consulting firm or NGO or philanthropy organization
§ Bachelor’s degree in international relations, international development, economics or related field preferred
§ Commitment to social justice, overcoming poverty, addressing inequality, advancing sustainability, or another important societal issue
- Skilled in research, analysis and writing
- Deft in PowerPoint, Excel, MS Office and Google collaboration tools
- High capacity professional who can simultaneously work on multiple tasks and project and set priorities for a challenging workload.
- Flexible individual with the ability to juggle priorities, and work with a diverse group of people across projects
- Mature individual with the ability to model Synergos’ values including empathy, humility, integrity, collaboration and personal reflection
- Able to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment, taking ideas from concept through implementation, with no-task-too-small-or-too-big mentality
- Great listener
- Exceptional writer and verbal communicator
- Fluency in a second language desired
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
To apply: Send your resume and a cover letter to [email protected]. Applications are being considered on a rolling basis with a deadline of Feb 28, 2020.
Please note: Synergos is not able to sponsor visas at this time. Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States without visa sponsorship in order to be considered
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert