Manager, Technology and Data Systems
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Function: Information Services/Technology
Primary domain: Education
Postal code: 20036
State: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Guided by the belief that all children deserve the opportunity to live a fulfilling life, the Flamboyan Foundation works to ensure students most impacted by inequity are prepared to succeed in school and beyond.
Flamboyan Foundation seeks a Manager of Technology and Data Systems to support our family engagement portfolio in Washington, DC and our operational work across our DC and Puerto Rico offices. This position offers an incredible opportunity to work in an entrepreneurial and collaborative environment focused on improving educational opportunity for all students, particularly those living in communities most affected by systems of inequity. This position will give Flamboyan the ability to collect, track and monitor critical data related to our family engagement program offerings. In addition, this role will support the overall maintenance and reporting functions of our technology systems, optimizing our ability to showcase all the work Flamboyan does in easily accessible formats. The ideal candidate is available immediately and will combine a passion for improving public education with critical technical skills and knowledge .
What You Will Do
The Manager of Technology and Data Systems is critical to our efforts to enhance the functionality of our data platform (www.familyengagementdata.org), and serves as the system administrator for our constituent relationship management (CRM) system. You will support the vision for our data platform and its integration with our website - www.flamboyanfoundation.org – , and with our CRM system – Salesforce. You will also assist with the collection and analysis of quantitative and qualitative data to support teachers, school leaders, and district administrators in their family engagement work. This position reports to Senior Managing Director, Family Engagement and works closely with our programmatic and evaluation teams in Washington, D.C., and with our team in Puerto Rico.
Data platform management
- Gather ideas and feedback for future enhancement priorities for the data platform via surveys, focus groups, and interviews with internal and external stakeholders, intentionally being inclusive of people from historically marginalized groups
- Present feedback data visually and orally in ways that account for diversity of audiences
- Work across internal teams to prioritize features
- Create a product roadmap and ensure Flamboyan management and staff have a clear understanding of data platform priorities, progress being made, and deliverable timelines
Data platform development
- Create mockups and wireframes for new feature development on the data platform
- Contribute to organizational thinking about future equity-centered technology enhancements and systems to drive impact with educators and partners
- Project manage new feature development with engineers
- Serve as the liaison between engineers and program staff
- Support the execution of the product plan for current and future usage of the data platform
Training and support
- Develop training and instructions for teachers, school leader, and Flamboyan staff for using the data platform and understanding new features and enhancements
- Support the development and ongoing use of Flamboyan’s web and database infrastructure by being the ‘go to’ and serving as the help desk for external users and Flamboyan staff on the data platform and historical data requests
- Collect, manage, analyze and archive yearly data for the data platform
- Support the development and fielding of surveys, applying an equity lens to this work
- Provide other data support to program staff as needed
Client Relationship Management (CRM) system administration
- Ensure that the data in Salesforce, Flamboyan’s CRM system, is accurate and regularly updated
- Serve as an active champion for the usage of the CRM system
- Provide support and training for new and existing users to understand how to use the system
- Assess various options for optimizing and customizing the system to help the system grow and evolve
- Track and monitor internal needs to support staff and partners in troubleshooting issues and training needs
- Serve as an ambassador for Flamboyan’s organizational brand generally and our family engagement work specifically locally and nationally
- Model and foster the Flamboyan core values of People, Impact, Catalytic Action, and Equity
- Responsibly steward financial and human resources
- Continuously deepen your expertise and readiness to be an equity-centered team member and expert data and technology contributor, self-aware, inclusive in your work, and able to be an agent of change
- Experience using statistical software packages, STATA experience preferred
- Experience with Salesforce or a similar CRM preferred
- Content management system (CMS) experience a plus
- Advanced Excel skills—knowledge of conditional formatting, pivot tables, formulas, etc.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Tech savvy self-starter—enthusiastic about figuring out the right technology in order to get the job done
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines across multiple projects and staff members
- Excellent problem-solving and organization skills
- Curious self-starter – always looking for what needs to be done and could be done better
Flamboyan offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience in a similar position, a comprehensive benefits package, generous vacation time, and professional development opportunities. We are a people-centered, flexible, family-friendly workplace with a beautiful office environment
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume, tailored cover letter, and work sample online at: http://flamboyanfoundation.org/about/careers/. We recommend that your cover letter include why you are interested in Flamboyan Foundation and how your experience has prepared you for this role, and your ideal salary range. It is in your best interest to apply as soon as possible. Applications submitted by February 9th, will receive best consideration.
Note that the application must be completed in one sitting - it cannot be saved and edited later. We recommend completing it in one sitting or answering the questions offline and copying them to the application when you are ready to submit.
Flamboyan Foundation is committed to being an inclusive organization that challenges historical inequity with a focus on dismantling systemic racism. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation gender identity or expression, veteran status or disability. We encourage people from diverse backgrounds to apply.
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert