Director of Development
Global Health Corps
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Function: Strategic Planning
Primary domain: Community/Capacity Building
City: New York
Postal code: 10018
State: New York
Country: United States
Our mission is to mobilize a diverse community of leaders to build the movement for global health equity.
Global Health Corps is mobilizing a global community of emerging leaders to build the movement for health equity. Passionate young leaders enter the GHC community by participating in yearlong paid fellowship opportunities. During this year, GHC fellows serve in positions of impact within outstanding organizations in sub-Saharan Africa. They also engage in intensive training, professional development opportunities, mentorship and thoughtful community-building.
As Global Health Corps enters its second decade, it is poised to harness the full potential of its community and contribute to real health systems change. Through collective leadership, GHC brings together these diverse actors needed to solve the complex and challenging problems. Adaptive and innovative, GHC leaders are ready and able to solve tomorrow’s health problems, today.
The Director of Development plays a pivotal and integral role in realizing GHC’s vision for mobilizing a diverse community of health leaders. They are responsible for planning and implementing GHC’s fundraising strategy, including the cultivation, stewardship, and management of GHC’s donor portfolio. The Director of Development is a strong relationship manager who is passionate about building connections, collaborating across diverse communities and taking GHC to the next level. The role requires someone with a highly strategic and nimble mindset who can turn ideas into action. A senior leader in the organization with critical internal- and external-facing roles, the Director manages a three-person team and reports to the CEO.
Responsibilities will include:
- Create and execute GHC’s development strategy to meet or exceed fundraising goals through support from individuals, corporations, and foundations.
- Work closely with communications, programs, and monitoring and evaluation teams to highlight the impact of GHC’s work.
- Prepare and deliver quarterly reports and presentations highlighting the status of fundraising efforts to internal audiences, including the Senior Leadership Team and Board of Directors.
- In partnership with the CEO, manage relationships, communication, and cultivation across GHC’s donor portfolio.
- Lead the research, prospecting and cultivation of new donors and funding partners.
- Manage a three-person development team to successfully execute fundraising priorities and goals.
- Supervise grants management efforts, including: liaising with the finance team, developing reports, and highlighting renewal timing and submission requirements.
- Oversee the writing of effective and compelling proposals, reports, and other collateral, ensuring quality and consistency of GHC brand.
- Work closely with the Director of Finance to ensure accurate development and tracking of cash flow projections and financial reporting to funding partners.
- Supervise data management and reporting efforts, including information about donors, prospects, and leads in Salesforce.
- Minimum 10 years work experience.
- A track record of successfully planning and implementing fundraising strategies that secure support from individuals, corporate partners and foundations.
- Experience working in public health, social justice, or international development.
- Proven experience cultivating and managing teams.
- Significant project management experience, including goal-setting, work-planning, systems development, and data management.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience working under frequent, tight timelines and delivering high-quality work products on time.
- Relationships or experience with high-profile and/or high-net worth individuals or institutions preferred.
- Experience working across teams/departments in cross-cultural communities.
- Experience with Salesforce, Asana, Dropbox, Google tools, and MS Office.
- Travel up to 20% annually, primarily within the U.S. with occasional travel to program countries.
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Submit Your Application Here: https://jobs.lever.co/ghcorps/838f3aa9-d09f-4c77-ac06-150bafa6b711
GHC EMBRACES AND VALUES DIVERSE SKILLSETS AND BACKGROUNDS
We are a community of leaders who are proud to represent many different national, racial, ethnic, socio-economic, religious, gender, and other identities. We represent varied professional backgrounds, collaborating across fields and sectors to form a powerful, close-knit network of changemakers. Our diversity as a community is our strength, driving our ability to be empathetic, visionary, and effective leaders in the health equity movement, and engage with the world with dignity and respect.
Complete applications should include a cover letter.
Due to the high volume of applications received, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Thanks for applying!
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert