Manager, Resource Design + Analytics
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Function: Research and Development
Primary domain: Education
Postal code: 20036
State: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Guided by the belief that all children deserve the opportunity to live a fulfilling life, the Flamboyan Foundation works to ensure students most impacted by inequity are prepared to succeed in school and beyond.
Flamboyan Foundation seeks a Manager of Resource Design + Analytics based in our Washington, D.C. office. The Manager of Resource Design + Analytics will support the expansion of Flamboyan’s reach nationally through the development of product offerings for educators, districts, nonprofit entities, philanthropists and other stakeholders to promote and employ Flamboyan’s family engagement approach.
What You Will Do
The Manager of Resource Design + Analytics (Manager) is based in our Washington, D.C. office, and reports to the Senior Director, Product Development and Network Strategy (SD). You support the expansion of Flamboyan’s reach nationally through the development of our publicly available product offerings that educators, districts, nonprofit entities, philanthropists and other stakeholders can use to promote and employ Flamboyan’s family engagement approach. The ideal candidate is an outcomes-oriented and mission-driven team player who is inspired by our vision of every child having the opportunity to live a fulfilling life and is an eager and opportunistic learner who gets excited about catalyzing impact within a team. This role sits on the External Affairs Team and will collaborate with colleagues across the organization in DC and Puerto Rico.
Research & Production of Resources
- Support the SD with the production of new and current resources, toolkits, tools, etc. with an eye toward equity
- Execute on the established production schedule for all resources being promoted to the public
- Support research to determine public-facing product selection and development
- Support the testing of products to ready them for public consumption, considering diversity and inclusiveness in feedback gathering
- Research, gather and compile family engagement resource content based on programmatic priorities including proactively identifying and elevating proven practices from schools and educators for development, considering diversity and equity dimensions
- Proactively landscape family engagement and related-education product offerings to understand market trends, synergies, and opportunities
- Visit schools, trainings, and external events to source family/educator trends and content, placing special focus on listening to and lifting the voices of people from historically marginalized groups and those most impacted by inequity
Marketing & Dissemination
- Partner with communications team on the design, dissemination, and amplification of resources
- Become an expert on Flamboyan’s audiences, able to support user adoption of resources, tools, etc. via a variety of modalities (social, blog, website, etc.)
- Monitor market trends and digital analytics
- Serve as a contributor to Flamboyan’s blog and social media, drafting blog posts and social posts about resource offerings in support of the resource dissemination strategy, considering diversity of audiences
- Serve as content manager for the resources section of Flamboyan’s website, ensuring that it is up to date, organized, and analytics are analyzed regularly, including examining patterns of data by sub-group to ensure that resources are equitable accessible and useful
- Maintain an ongoing project calendar and ensure deadlines are met or exceeded
- Support the SD as needed on initiatives, tasks and special projects
- Serve as an ambassador for Flamboyan’s organizational brand generally and our family engagement work specifically, locally and nationally
- Model and foster the Flamboyan core values of People, Impact, Catalytic Action, and Equity
- Responsibly steward financial and human resources
- Continuously deepen your expertise and readiness to be an equity-centered team member, contributor, and expert in communications, self-aware, inclusive in your work, and able to be an agent of change
- Experience with Microsoft Office required; experience with WordPress and Adobe Creative Cloud preferred
- Natural propensity to analyze problems, identify solutions, and foresee opportunities for innovation and improvement
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Strong ability to distill complex information into approachable language, processes, and formats
- Experience with content creation and revision is a plus
- Experience with SEO and Google Analytics is a plus
- Continuous learner with a hunger to understand and contribute to our work
- Experience as a teacher or working directly with teachers/in education systems is a plus
- 1-3 years of experience
- Spanish language skills (verbal & written) a plus
Flamboyan offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience in a similar position, a comprehensive benefits package, generous vacation time, and professional development opportunities. We are a people-centered, flexible, family-friendly workplace with a beautiful office environment.
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Please submit the following items online at: http://flamboyanfoundation.org/about/careers/.
• Your resume;
• Tailored cover letter describing your relevant qualifications for this role and interest in Flamboyan Foundation; and
• Writing Sample, at least 1 page and illustrative of your ability to process and distill information
It is in your best interest to apply as soon as possible. Applications submitted by February 16th, will receive best consideration. We recommend that your cover letter include why you are interested in Flamboyan Foundation, how your experience has prepared you for this role, and your ideal salary range. Please note that this is an entry-level position.
Note that the application must be completed in one sitting - it cannot be saved and edited later. We recommend completing it in one sitting or answering the questions offline and copying them to the application when you are ready to submit.
Flamboyan Foundation is committed to being an inclusive organization that challenges historical inequity with a focus on dismantling systemic racism. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation gender identity or expression, veteran status or disability. We encourage people from diverse backgrounds to apply.
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert