Manager, Design + Digital Communications
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Education
Postal code: 20036
State: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Guided by the belief that all children deserve the opportunity to live a fulfilling life, the Flamboyan Foundation works to ensure students most impacted by inequity are prepared to succeed in school and beyond.
Flamboyan Foundation seeks a Manager, Design + Digital Communications based in our Washington, D.C. office. The Manager of Design + Digital Communications is Flamboyan’s in-house expert on telling compelling visual stories of the Foundation’s work and supports the External Affairs Team by coordinating major digital assets.
What You Will Do
The Manager, Design + Digital Communications (Manager) is based in our Washington, D.C. office, and reports to the Managing Director, Communications & Public Affairs (MD). Conceptually, you are always thinking proactively about how Flamboyan can leverage its design and digital assets to tell our story and advance our mission, and are bringing your ideas to the table. Tactically, you grow Flamboyan’s profile and bring our story to life through graphic design and photography, and through coordinating Flamboyan’s major digital assets. This role sits on the External Affairs Team and will collaborate with colleagues across the organization in DC and Puerto Rico.
- Using Adobe Creative Suite, design collateral for projects ranging from fact sheets and infographics, to event invitations and reports in support of Flamboyan’s flagship brand and individual program initiatives, ensuring resources are visually compelling and accessible to a diverse audience
- Become an expert in our brand guidelines and support adoption of them by Flamboyan’s staff, partners, and consultants
- Partner with Communications Team colleagues in Puerto Rico to align look and feel of branded materials and projects, actively interrupting bias and challenging ourselves to create products that fit the two contexts in which we operate
- Manage relationships with print vendors and facilitate staff printing requests
- Photograph Flamboyan events and maintain photography and media release catalogue, intentionally and respectfully reflecting the diversity of our team and the educators, families, and communities we serve
- Maintain collateral inventory on internal shared drives
- Manage Flamboyan’s social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube) to ensure relevant and timely activity aligned to the Communications Team’s editorial calendar
- Collaborate with the MD to:
- Develop social media strategies that support marketing and public relations objectives, considering our equity aspirations to interrupt bias, dismantle systems of oppression, and elevate the voices of historically marginalized people and communities
- Create social media toolkits for key Flamboyan-led events
- Connect with online influencer groups, websites, and nonprofit and strategic partners to leverage social assets for co-marketing initiatives
- Serve as web manager for Flamboyan’s WordPress-based website, ensuring content is equitably accessible to a diverse audience
- Coordinate website and email campaign activities aligned to the Communications Team’s editorial calendar
- Execute email campaigns using our email campaign system
- Track, analyze, and report on metrics for all digital assets, applying an equity lens and considering patterns by sub-group
- Maintain an ongoing project calendar and ensure deadlines are met or exceeded
- Support the MD as needed on tasks and special projects
- Serve as an ambassador for Flamboyan’s organizational brand generally and our family engagement work specifically locally and nationally
- Model and foster the Flamboyan core values of People, Impact, Catalytic Action, and Equity
- Responsibly steward financial and human resources
- Continuously deepen your expertise and readiness to be an equity-centered team member, contributor, and expert in communications, self-aware, inclusive in your work, and able to be an agent of change
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite required; some experience with digital communications including social media platforms, WordPress, and email campaign systems (i.e. MailChimp) preferred
- Natural propensity to analyze problems, identify solutions, and foresee opportunities for innovation and improvement
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Continuous learner with a hunger to understand and contribute to our work
- Experience in education and/or education systems is a plus
- Spanish language skills (verbal & written) a plus
- 1 to 3 years of experience
Flamboyan offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience in a similar position, a comprehensive benefits package, generous vacation time, and professional development opportunities. We are a people-centered, flexible, family-friendly workplace with a beautiful office environment.
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume, tailored cover letter, and 3 samples of your graphic design work online at: http://flamboyanfoundation.org/about/careers/. We recommend that your cover letter include why you are interested in Flamboyan Foundation and how your experience has prepared you for this role, and your ideal salary range. Please note this is an entry-level position. It is in your best interest to apply as soon as possible. Applications submitted by February 16th will receive best consideration.
Note that the application must be completed in one sitting - it cannot be saved and edited later. We recommend completing it in one sitting or answering the questions offline and copying them to the application when you are ready to submit.
Flamboyan Foundation is committed to being an inclusive organization that challenges historical inequity with a focus on dismantling systemic racism. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation gender identity or expression, veteran status or disability. We encourage people from diverse backgrounds to apply.
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert