Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Other
Postal code: 98101
Country: United States
The work of the foundation supports a range of impact goals that are reflected in Global Delivery Programs (GDP) which falls under the Global Development division. GDP's work focuses on reducing under-five and maternal mortality, disease control and eradication (limiting spread of vaccine preventable disease), and global and sub-national equity of selected health outcomes.
The Strategy and Insights team within GDP supports the other three GDP teams (Health Systems; Health Products, Programs, and Markets; and Health Funds and Partnerships), knitting the teams together strategically and operationally. The Strategy and Insights team is accountable for deeply understanding our consumers and bringing those insights together across all of GDP.
Participates in strategy development and other strategic projects for GDP teams as key staff, leading on specific workstreams, research and analyses, and deliverables. Provides support for meetings and updates with foundation leadership that require strategic framing and content. Facilitates GDP strategy alignment while tracking and analyzing GDP progress against goals.
We are looking for team members who enjoy working on complex problems and collaboratively crafting strategies that have the potential to transform the lives of people around the world. You are an excellent teammate who is excited to work across a diverse set of disciplines and issue areas. You bring a commitment to the foundation's core values, mission, and programs with an approach that is consistent with the foundation's guiding principles and holding self to the highest ethical standards.
Key Responsibilities:* Support Senior Strategy Officer(SSO) and Strategy Officer(SO) in strategy development and other strategic projects for GDP teams
- Conduct research, landscaping, assessments, and other rigorous analyses in support of strategy projects and strategic decision-making
- Develop content expertise in 2-3 areas across GDP teams to inform strategy work and partnerships (GDP teams include Health Systems, Health Funds and Partnerships, and Health Products, Programs and Markets)
- Support SO in framework development, progress tracking, and analyses for GDP-wide goals and indicators
- Build materials for communicating strategy and key analyses with internal leadership and external partners
- Develop strong working relationships with program staff and managers to accelerate learning and enable successful projects
- Proactively identify GDP needs for strategy support and cross-cutting initiatives
- Contribute to crafting and ensuring the success of the Strategy Team within GDP
Percentage of domestic and/or international travel required:* Ability to travel up to 20% domestically and internationally
We seek professionals with 3+ years of experience, preferably at a top tier strategy consulting firm. Additional knowledge and skills desired include:
- Demonstrated strength in structured problem solving and analyses that support strategic business planning
- Intellectual curiosity and enthusiasm for understanding complex challenges and systems
- Ability to learn new content quickly, identify connections and implications, and develop proficiency in subject matter
- Experience with a range of qualitative and quantitative analyses
- Ability to quickly distill and synthesize data/information, surface themes and intersections, and characterize key points to support strategic decision-making
- Experience with group facilitation and workshop design is preferable
- Strong project management experience and acumen, managing multiple priorities and projects under tight timelines
- Ability to operate in a self-guided and independent manner, determining methods/activities/analyses given needs
- Accustomed to ambiguous situations and navigating changes in project scope, activities, and deliverables
- Ability to develop collaborative, trusting relationships with clients including leadership and technical experts
- Ability to work effectively and with sensitivity across barriers such as language, culture and distance
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication, and presentation skills
- Excellent software skills with Microsoft Office applications, including a demonstrated ability to convey complex information using supporting frameworks, charts, graphs and other visual representations.
- Familiarity with global health, international development, and low- or lower-middle-income country settings is helpful
Typical Education, Certification and Experience:* Bachelor's or other advanced degree with 3+ years of experience.
- Experience with strategy development projects, preferably with some experience at a top tier strategy consulting firm.
- Experience working in global health, global development, social impact or healthcare delivery is preferable
As part of our standard hiring process for new employees, employment with the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation will be contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation is dedicated to the belief that all lives have equal value. We're committed to creating a workplace where employees thrive both personally and professionally. We also believe our employees should reflect the rich diversity of the global populations we aim to serve-in race, gender, age, cultures and beliefs-and we support this diversity through all of our employment practices.
All applicants and employees who are drawn to serve the mission of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation will enjoy equality of opportunity and fair treatment without regard to:
- Sexual Orientation
- Gender Identity
- Gender Expression
- National Origin
- Genetic Information
- Veteran Status
- Marital Status
- Prior Protected Activity
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar:
Posted By: Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert