We seek a visionary, inclusive, and inspiring strategic leader to serve as our new Executive Director. The new Executive Director, under the direction of the Board, will lead the strategic direction and advance the mission of Beyond Emancipation, including the oversight and results of all our programs, our financial success, organizational development, and fundraising revenue. The new Executive Director will partner closely with the Director of Development, Director of Programs, Human Resources and Operations Manager, and other senior staff to lead both strategic decision-making and daily operations to advance our mission and outcomes.
● Lead all aspects of Beyond Emancipation’s strategy and programs, including developing new initiatives and improving current ones, in particular, those that lift up and highlight the voices and experience of the youth we serve.
● Work closely with the Board of Directors and related committees to ensure the effective implementation, advocacy, and fundraising objectives of the agency, as well as support optimal Board functioning and related professional development.
● Lead our upcoming strategic planning process to advance established Board/Staff consensus around organizational growth goals.
● Work closely with, and directly supervise, the Director of Development, Director of Programs, contract Chief Financial Officer, and HR and Operations Manager, and actively oversee the effective delivery and implementation of the organization’s coaching framework with the Manager of Coaching.
● Effectively navigate and diplomatically address and nurture key relationships with the government agencies with which we have programming contracts. Actively work to procure additional governmental contracts as appropriate.
● Lead cross-functional teams in recommending improvements for new programs and services, as well as new approaches to cultivate and retain donors and strategic partners.
● Plan and successfully implement fundraising and visibility strategies and campaigns including donor events and appeals to government, corporate, foundation, and community partners, providing direction and input on proposals, presentations, and overall messaging.
● Serve as a key ambassador for our mission by creating and sharing success stories and achievements that highlight and advance our mission’s urgency and community impact to raise our visibility and profile.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
Our ideal candidate brings the following skills and experience:
● 7-10 years of management experience, including progressively higher levels of responsibility in leadership roles in a similar agency or nonprofit organization. Masters not required but preferred.
● Demonstrated commitment to our mission, vision, and values.
● Experience and demonstrated success in building strategic partnerships.
● Financial acumen, including the ability to interpret financial data and utilize relevant software.
● Experience managing and procuring government contracts and grant awards and working with related agencies. Knowledge of and contacts in government agencies and/or previous experience working in government agencies preferred.
● Experience in a social justice coaching framework targeted to youth development, and/or the interest in being trained as a professional coach.
● Experience in lifting up and prioritizing youth voices through programming and organizational and administrative initiatives that reflect this commitment.
● Budget management experience, in an organization of $3-4M+.
● Experience managing, coaching, and mentoring staff teams and supporting a healthy and productive organization culture.
● Experience reporting to and working closely with a Board of Directors and a variety of Board committees.
● Strong background in development including tactical efforts to engage and retain contributors at all levels.
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with a sensitivity to delivering appropriate transparency throughout the organization.
● Track record of impeccable judgment and decision-making in all aspects of non-profit management.
OUR TEAM, BENEFITS, AND COMPENSATION
We are proud of our team culture: friendly and informal, fast-paced, and mission-focused. We all share a deep commitment to our urgent mission; we are here explicitly to serve young people who have experienced a high degree of instability. As a community we shift the life trajectories of youth who have been failed by adult-driven systems and institutions, and we prepare youth for success through our unique and empowering service delivery approach.
We offer a generous, comprehensive benefits package and a supportive office culture. The salary rate for this full-time, exempt position is: $140-160K (DOE).