Associate Director of Planning Giving
Legion of Christ
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Religious
Postal code: 06410
Country: United States
Regnum Christi (Latin for “Kingdom of Christ”) is one Movement (within the Catholic Church) comprised of four vocations: Legionaries of Christ (the priestly congregation), Consecrated Women of Regnum Christi, Lay Consecrated Men of Regnum Christi and the Lay Members of Regnum Christi.
Regnum Christi has a Christ-Centered spirituality that is lived together in communion with all members (all four vocations), in union with the whole Church, and through a mission to build the kingdom of Christ. The whole Regnum Christi Movement is made up of 30,000 members throughout 38 countries world-wide.
The Legionaries of Christ seeks a results-oriented individual with documented successful gift planning experience to join its development team as the Associate Director of Planned Giving (ADPG). The ADPG will manage a portfolio of planned giving prospects and take a leadership role in developing and implementing strategies to cultivate strong relationships and secure philanthropic gifts.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identify, cultivate, educate, solicit, and steward gift-planning prospects in collaboration with other development staff and/or Regnum Christi members.
- Prepare and present detailed gift planning proposals to prospective donors. Also, collaborate and strategize with locality leadership and RC members to maximize the inclusion of planned giving options in proposals being developed for prospects.
- Maintain expertise in tax, investment and legal aspects of charitable giving, and articulate this information effectively to donors and their advisors and fundraising staff. Work with donors, their advisors and staff in drafting gift agreements as needed.
- Coordinate activities with Development Officers to assure the proper level of cultivation and follow-up is applied in a donor centric manner.
- Visit prospects individually and/or in conjunction with other local fundraising staff.
- Presentations in small group gatherings (donor events, RC teams, and informal meetings).
This position is based in either the headquarters in Roswell, GA or at the LC seminary in Cheshire, CT and reports directly to the Director of Planned Giving of the Legionaries of Christ.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Five or more years’ experience in gift planning or a combination of five to ten years in gift planning, estate law, finance or trust services.
- Proven track record of creativity, integrity and initiative.
- Technical knowledge of gift, estate and financial planning, as well as various planning options including outright gifts, securities, insurance, real estate, and gifts in kind is preferred.
- Deep knowledge and broad field experience in working with Catholic major donors.
- Superior writing and presentation skills and the ability to serve as an enthusiastic and persuasive advocate for Regnum Christi and the Legionaries of Christ.
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree desireable.
- This position requires occasional evening and weekend work and travel outside the state.
- Travel requirement is one to two weeks per month.
- Salary will be commensurate with experience for the professional who is motivated and highly skilled.
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
- Must fully embrace the evangelizing mission of Regnum Christi, the Legion of Christ in North America, and the Catholic Church
- Compensation: DOE
- Benefits: Paid time-off, healthcare and retirement savings benefits
With Associate Director of Planning Giving in the subject line, qualified individuals should email: (a) a meaningful cover letter; (b) wage expectations; and (c) resume to [email protected].
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert