Executive Assistant, Chief Content Officer, New York Public Radio
New York Public Radio
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Arts, Culture and Humanities
City: New York City
Postal code: 10013
State: New York
Country: United States
New York Public Radio's mission is to make the mind more curious, the heart more open, and the spirit more joyful through excellent audio programming that is deeply rooted in New York.
New York Public Radio is seeking an Executive Assistant to support the office of the Chief Content Officer. The EA will act as core administrative and operational support for the CCO and editorial leadership team. The EA will report to the Director of Operations.
Provides administrative support to the Chief Content Officer, including:
- Manage CCO calendar and scheduling with occasional support to VPs and Directors as needed
- Schedule department and out-of-office meetings and prepare next-day agendas and meeting materials
- Perform research on industry trends, talent, audiences and relevant news as needed
- Coordinate travel arrangements
- Additional admin support including; answering the phone, reviewing confidential paperwork and getting it approved by CCO and managing spontaneous internal requests for CCO’s time on a daily basis.
Provides support to the Content Division, including:
- Admin support to Strategy & Operations team and Editorial Leadership teams as needed
- Coordinate large-group meetings and visits from outside partners on behalf of Content leadership
- Supports department meetings with agenda preparation, circulation of action items etc.
- Office management of Content department, including: management of supplies and inventory, acquisition of production and IT equipment, maintenance of electronic filing systems
- Coordinate with Development to provide tracking for grant and annual reports
- Track and process award submissions for all WNYC programs
- Point person for Content staff-related preparations during weather emergencies (hotel bookings, logistics, etc)
- Must be able to work beyond normal business hours on select occasions.
- Manage department invoice processing as needed
- Reconciliation of corporate credit card as well as department and CCO’s monthly expenses
- Manage contract tracking system, ensuring timely payment and adherence to agreement guidelines
Four-year college degree or equivalent work experienceA minimum of two years’ experience supporting senior executives preferredA high degree of organization and efficiency, persistence and follow-throughA proactive attitude and desire to identify areas that need help Resourcefulness, creativity, the ability to operate in a fast-paced work environment and handle concurrent tasks and priorities with focus and composureA friendly and polished demeanor, excellent communication skills—both oral and writtenThe ability to build and maintain relationships with people at all levels within and outside of the organization, including executives, trustees, industry representatives and strategic partners Proficiency with MS Office programs (Powerpoint, Excel) and Google suite.Previous experience at an arts or media company, non-profit organization or foundation preferredAn affinity for the culture and mission of public radio or public media A sense of humor
$60k - 65k
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Please submit your application and cover letter to http://app.jobvite.com/m?3KZTVlwn
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert