Giffords Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Crime/Legal
City: San Francisco
Postal code: 94102
Country: United States
For over 25 years, the experts at Giffords Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence have been fighting for a safer America by researching, drafting, and defending the laws, policies, and programs proven to save lives from gun violence. Founded in the wake of a 1993 mass shooting in San Francisco, in 2016 we joined forces with former Congresswoman and gun violence survivor Gabrielle Giffords to form a courageous new force for gun safety that stretches coast to coast, with offices in San Francisco, Washington DC, and New York.
position: Finance Manager
reports to: Chief Operating Officer
location: San Francisco, CA
hours: Full-time, exempt
Giffords Law Center is seeking a Finance Manager to provide high-quality financial support to the organization. This is an ideal opportunity for someone who is interested in delving into nonprofit strategy and tackling organizational efficiency. This role is essential to ensuring Giffords Law Center remains an effective progressive organization in a demanding environment.
We’re looking for a positive self-starter who pays excellent attention to detail, loves to be part of a team, and demonstrates a high adherence to discretion and confidentiality.
Duties + Responsibilities:
- Maintains financial records in Quickbooks, reconciles bank accounts, and produces regular finance reports, draft budgets (organizational and grant-specific) and financial statements for review by management
- Prepares accounts payable in accordance with organization’s policies and procedures
- Processes all donations and grant income, including bank deposits, entering into Quickbooks and coordinating detail for entry into development database
- Manages internal credit card reporting and staff expense reimbursement process
- Assists with grants management, maintaining grants records and development of reporting schedule
- Supports annual audit preparation and maintains all finance records for audit trail
- Works closely with the Operations team to improve administrative and operational document management systems, develop and revise current procedure memo
- Coordinates with outside accountants as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Giffords Law Center is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an environment that celebrates diversity, equity and inclusion. People of color, trans individuals, gender non-conforming individuals, women, people with differing abilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Essential Skills + Experience:
- Minimum of 3 years overall finance experience; nonprofit accounting experience preferred
- Demonstrated history of solving problems, achieving results, and attention to detail
- Excellent technical skills, including experience with Quickbooks and Microsoft Office; familiarity with development data reporting and advanced Excel skills preferred
- Flexible and able to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Sense of humor and interest in working closely with people
- Superior time management and attention to detail
Salary commensurate with experience. Competitive benefits include five weeks paid time off, generous holidays, health, vision, and dental insurance, health, transit, and parking FSAs, and a 401(k) program with employer match.
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume to [email protected].
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert