Families USA Foundation
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Advocacy/Social Action
Postal code: 20005
State: Washington, DC
Country: United States
$3M - $10M
Families USA, a leading national, non-partisan voice for health care consumers, is dedicated to achieving high-quality, affordable health care and improved health for all. Our work is driven by and centered around four pillars: value, equity, coverage, and consumer experience. We view these focus areas — and the various issues unique to each area — as the cornerstones of America’s health care system.
The Staff Accountant works closely with the Senior Director of Finance & Operations and the Accounting Manager, to assist with the day-to-day accounting operations, manage the development/maintenance of internal accounting policies and monitor emerging technologies to promote efficiencies within the department. This person must have a strong knowledge and understanding of general financial accounting and cost accounting with solid problem solving and project management skills and a high attention to detail and accuracy.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Perform account analysis and reconciliation; adjust account discrepancies and prepare schedules.
- Support timely monthly, quarterly, and year-end financial close-out, including journal entries, account reconciliations, accruals / deferrals, and overall maintenance of the general ledger.
- Coordinate and maintain various grant billings and reports; verify all billings are completed and reconciled to the general ledger and assist with grants expense reporting.
- Prepare financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Prepare entries for deposits, bank charges, adjustments, and journal entries.
Bachelor’s degree Accounting, Finance or other related field required. 3-5 years’ of accounting experience required. Prior experience working in a non-profit environment a plus.
We offer a dynamic, empowering, and collaborative work environment that allows staff to reach their full potential. We offer an extremely attractive total compensation package, including competitive salary, medical, dental, vision, disability and life, matching 403(b) plan, 3+ weeks’ vacation, nine (9) Federal holidays and our office is closed between Christmas Eve and New Year’s Day, onsite fitness center, and many more exciting benefit programs.
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
We encourage qualified candidates to apply online at Families USA’s website and include in your application: your cover letter, resume, and desired salary. Direct hire only – no recruiters. EEO.
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert