Special Assistant to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Spirit of America
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: International/Foreign Affairs
Postal code: 22201
Country: United States
$3M - $10M
Spirit of America's mission is to support the safety and success of Americans serving abroad and the local people and partners they seek to help.
Spirit of America seeks an exceptional, mission-driven individual to serve as our Special Assistant to the CEO based in Arlington, VA. The Special Assistant’s mission is to maximize the Chief Executive Officer’s effectiveness, impact and results. He/she will be a critical part of a high-performing team that is making groundbreaking contributions to America’s security, leadership and engagement in the world.
- Understand Spirit of America’s strategy and priorities, and manage the CEO’s time and attention to achieve the greatest impact and results.
- Manage CEO’s communications. Set meetings and calls, manage travel, meeting and event logistics. Write emails and letters. Draft proposals, presentations, and reports
- Provide research and planning support to special projects and strategic initiatives.
- Ensure the CEO is prepared for all engagements and manage follow up.
- Identify new opportunities and ideas to achieve the CEO’s objectives.
You build relationships and trust easily. With many demands that exceed your ability to do it all, you maintain the ability to prioritize and act. You have the mental agility to navigate easily across multiple active projects. You learn quickly and find ways to get things done. You are confident, resilient, and organized. You are a gifted communicator and listener. You thrive in a culture that prizes teamwork, open communication and integrity. Even with your many skills and qualities, you are humble. You treat people equally well no matter who they are.
- A Bachelor’s degree and a great attitude.
- High emotional intelligence and exceptional writing skills.
- The ability to keep up with a dynamic entrepreneur and leader.
- Minimum of five-years work experience, ideally in an executive environment.
- Track record of effectively interacting with all levels of an organization.
Experience in a national security-related field and experience with Salesforce are highly desirable. Work outside normal business hours is required. Occasional domestic travel may be necessary.
Salary range $65,000 to $95,000 depending on experience. Benefits include: medical, dental, and vision insurance (100% team member premium, 50% dependent premium), 403b contribution match to 4%.
$75k - 90k
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Spirit of America is a citizen service organization in national security. We are citizens serving the nation, doing our part to preserve America’s freedoms and support those who serve America abroad. Our purpose is to ensure the ideals of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness prevail, and all who seek a free and better life are able to achieve it. This is patriotism without politics.
We are a privately-funded nonprofit founded in response to the attacks of 9/11. Our mission is to support the safety and success of Americans serving abroad and the local people and partners they seek to help. We are officially approved by Congress and the Department of Defense to work alongside deployed US troops and provide private assistance in support of their missions.
Spirit of America helps those who serve our nation abroad return home safely and proud of their success. We help our troops and diplomats build trust and goodwill, prevent conflict, and strengthen America’s security. Our work saves lives and limbs. In the world’s toughest places, people experience the best of who Americans are and what we stand for.
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert