Senior Manager, School Development
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Education
City: New York
Postal code: 10013
State: New York
Country: United States
$3M - $10M
Springpoint’s mission is to enable all students, regardless of environment or background, to succeed in high school, college, and beyond.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
Springpoint is a national nonprofit organization that supports the design and launch of new, innovative public high schools. Our mission is to enable all students – regardless of environment or background – to succeed in high school, college, and beyond. Since 2013, we have partnered with school districts, school networks, and charter management organizations around the country to rethink the purpose of high school and develop innovative school models tailored to the needs, assets, and aspirations of their students.
We are driven by the promise of student-centered school models and the application of positive youth development in school design and implementation. In our collaborative work with design teams, we guide partners and the stakeholders in their communities to conceptualize new school models, plan for an effective school launch, and strategically plot out iteration points. Our supports are flexible, adaptive, and responsive to each partner’s unique context. We provide support both virtually and in person, and develop learning experiences, tools, and resources that are effective across key design and implementation phases.
Springpoint is housed at the National Center for Civic Innovation in New York City.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The Senior Manager, School Development will be a key member of the team that supports schools in their continuous improvement journey and that further develops Springpoint’s vision for school and teacher leader professional learning and development. This team will build and execute a plan to implement this teacher to leader vision via a strategic scope and sequence of activities and supports for partner organizations, districts/CMOs, and schools. Additionally, this team will use and refine Springpoint’s school observation process and tools in order to support schools in developing strategic action plans as they iterate on their school models. The Senior Manager, School Development will be an integral thought-partner to colleagues and partners and will assist in developing the vision, goals, and strategy for school leader and teacher leader supports and development; additionally, the Senior Manager, School Development will work to support partners in thinking broadly about student success, rooting their work in positive youth development, and focusing on key levers that maximize opportunities for students to thrive.
As a small, nimble staff that values teamwork, we are seeking a collaborative self-starter who has a flexible, positive, and student-centered mindset. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Craft high-quality adult learning experiences for school leaders and teacher leaders, including in-person convenings, virtual shares and webinars, school study tours, and other instructional events;
- Lead teams of expert observers through school quality review visits to develop a deep understanding of school and leader strengths and areas for growth; generate a robust set of recommendations that can guide continued improvement;
- Utilize established processes, norms, and tools to conduct rigorous professional learning experiences for adults and further develop them as needed;
- Create and iterate on foundational artifacts, planning documents, and materials that support the launch and sustainability of a teacher to leader pathway;
- Develop relationships with CMO and district leaders to understand all pertinent district, CMO, and school policies, initiatives, and dynamics, provide input and support around systems conditions and leader development; and,
- Collaborate with team members to design and actualize new projects and initiatives, as needed.
- Unwavering belief in what young people can do when given access to rigorous and relevant instruction with appropriate supports in place.
- Strong instructional expertise, ideally in the secondary school context.
- Keen understanding of the primacy of building the instructional expertise of adults in schools and the ability to creatively design systems and structures to enable that goal.
- Demonstrated experience leading school and/or teacher leader professional development.
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-layered organization and build strong relationships with school leaders, home office and school-based colleagues, consultants, and instructional coaches.
- Strong planning skills and experience in managing complex projects to success.
- Motivated, positive, and energetic spirit to thrive in a fast-paced and environment.
- A strong sense of social purpose and alignment with Springpoint’s mission.
- Positive attitude and ability to be flexible to push work forward through obstacles and adapt quickly as things change.
- Ideally, experience participating in or operating a cohort-based model.
New York, NY, with general travel around 25% and seasonal travel peaking in the fall and spring at as much as 30%. Candidates in other locations may also be considered.
Salary and benefits will be competitive and commensurate with experience.
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Qualified individuals please apply by sending a cover letter and resume to [email protected].
Springpoint is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes candidates with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek candidates who are as diverse as the students and communities our partners serve.
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert