Gilda's Club Westchester
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Human Services
City: White Plains
Postal code: 10601
State: New York
Country: United States
$1M - $3M
The mission of Gilda’s Club Westchester is to create welcoming communities of free support for everyone living with cancer – men, women, teens, children and families. Our innovative programs are an essential complement to medical care, providing individual counseling, support groups, workshops, education and social activities. Since 2001, Gilda’s Club Westchester has offered support for people whose lives have been touched by cancer… all types of cancer. It’s a warm, inviting place where everyone can come together to share their experiences. Free of charge and non–profit, Gilda’s Club Westchester offers emotional support including group support, and individual/ family counseling, healthy lifestyle workshops and activities, and social events in a nonresidential, yet home–like setting. At Gilda’s Club Westchester, support, information, fellowship, and understanding meet.
Since 2001, Gilda’s Club Westchester has offered life-changing support to people whose lives have been touched by all cancer. Serving residents of Westchester and Rockland counties, as well as Connecticut’s lower Fairfield County, Gilda’s Club Westchester offers a range of free support services including group support, individual/family counseling, healthy lifestyle workshops and activities, and social events, all in a non-residential, home–like setting. As one of the region’s most revered support communities, Gilda’s Club Westchester is deeply committed to their mission of creating welcoming communities of cost-free support for everyone living with cancer – men, women, teens, children, and families – and takes pride in their reputation for developing new and innovative programming to complement medical care.
Gilda’s Club Westchester is seeking a new leader to set and realize a vision for growth. This opportunity is perfect for an experienced nonprofit leader with an aptitude for strategic, long-term thinking; a proven track record of teambuilding and culture development; and a passion for improving the lives of individuals and families impacted by cancer.
The Executive Director will lead all components of Gilda’s Club Westchester function including: ensuring programmatic and operational excellence, providing strategic thought leadership to all aspects of the organization’s short- and long-term planning, driving efforts to secure a robust stream of funding opportunities, and cultivating strong external partnerships within the communities served.
Specifically, the Executive Director will have four major areas of focus:
- Drive the development of a strong and inspirational vision for the organization’s future, and effectively communicate this vision to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide strategic thought leadership to successfully execute the vision, as well as identify and pursue opportunities for expansion and growth.
- Oversee the financial sustainability of Gilda’s Club Westchester and actively pursue opportunities for new funding to enhance and expand programming.
- Nurture a strong internal culture through purposeful teambuilding efforts.
Program and Service Delivery: Oversee strategic planning and execution for the organization and design, promote, and oversee the delivery of the organization's programs and services.
Development and Grant Management: In conjunction with the development staff, strategically plan and implement critical fundraising activities, including assessing resource needs, writing and submitting grant applications, and executing successful fundraising events, including an annual gala.
Community Engagement and Partnership: Lead regular outreach efforts within the community and collaborate with community leaders to foster the organizational mission and advance brand awareness and recognition. Further develop strategic partnerships to advance the organization’s mission, funding, and program access.
Talent Development, Management, and Retention: Promote a culture of empowerment where staff feel supported and successful as they collaborate to effectively serve clientele. Recruit and hire candidates who will advance the mission and provide staff with consistent, actionable feedback and opportunities for growth.
Financial Planning and Management: Prepare a comprehensive budget, manage and administer organization funds, monitor cash flows, and monitor and assess the organization’s revenues and expenses.
Board Development and Governance: Actively support board leadership efforts. Regularly report to the board on organization activities and promptly report to the board on any issue of significance to the organization, including financial, human resource, operational, or potential reputational issues.
- At least five years of progressive leadership experience in the nonprofit sector.
- Strong organizational leadership skills, including the ability to empower, oversee, and drive collaborative efforts of both programmatic and development staff.
- Demonstrated experience in securing new funding sources of five figures or more. Knowledge of the comprehensive grant-writing process, from prospect research to application acceptance, preferred.
- Evidenced commitment to the organization’s mission of serving diverse individuals and families impacted by cancer.
- Proven record of managing budgets, organizational finances, and programmatic activities of an organization with revenue in excess of $2.5 million.
- Bachelors' Degree, with advanced degree in a relevant area preferred.
- Professional and/or content knowledge of cancer care or mental health support preferred.
A competitive benefits package is provided, including health insurance, retirement matching program, dental, and vision.
$155k - 175k
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected] with Gilda’s Club Westchester in the subject line. Resumes will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Gilda’s Club Westchester is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by relevant national and state law.
Posted By: Civitas Strategies
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert