The Associate Director of Individual Giving is responsible for identifying, cultivating and soliciting individual gifts in order to sustain and grow Western Center’s programs and services, and understands the relationship between the successful acquisition and stewardship of new donors as a pathway to a robust major gifts program. The Associate Director will employ a variety of techniques—outreach, events, donor research, campaigns, appeals, acknowledgements, merchandising, etc.—in order to acquire and retain donors of all levels.
This position reports to the Director of Development and is located in our Los Angeles office.
Donor and Prospect Management
· Design, develop and implement strategies that will grow annual revenue from existing and prospective small and mid-level donors, through events, appeal campaigns; online giving initiatives and fulfillment of donor benefits, among other strategies.
· In consultation with the Director of Development and Executive Director, manage and grow a select portfolio of 50-75 existing mid-level donors giving annual gifts of 2,500+, including their cultivation, stewardship and solicitation.
· In consultation with the Director of Development and Executive Director, manage and grow a select portfolio of 20+ major individual donors and donor-advised funds, $10,000+, including their cultivation, stewardship and solicitation.
· Manage Western Center’s volunteer Advisory Board.
· Assess existing donor demographics and make recommendations to broaden the profile of Western Center donors with respect to diversity, equity and inclusion.
· Working with senior management and the larger Development team, set and achieve goals for annual giving and major giving programs including revenue, renewals, upgrades and portfolio of individual donors.
Events and Outreach
· Design and implement a comprehensive events program to identify, cultivate, solicit, recognize, steward and upgrade both sustaining and new donors.
· In consultation with the Director of Development and Development team, manage two signature annual events, including design, logistics, budget, sponsor solicitation, fulfillment of sponsor benefits, and communications.
· Actively produce written campaigns, appeals, case development, campaign materials and other donor communications in close partnership with Director of Development and Director of Communications.
· Partner with senior leadership, Advisory Board and Board of Directors, deploying them as necessary to cultivate donors, steward current donors, host events and other related activities.
· Utilize established moves management system for donors.
· Participate in a culture of rigor, equity and community-centric fundraising.
· Focus on securing support for organizational priorities that include endowed chairs, unrestricted support, project specific support, planned giving, naming opportunities and capital efforts.
· Travel, as necessary, attending various events throughout California to meet new donor prospects and expand relationships with current donors.
· Maintain detailed and accurate records in development software (E-Tapestry) and use donor research to enhance portfolios (iWave).
· Collaborate with senior leadership concerning such topics as communications, administration, and program developments.
· Other duties as required or assigned.