Regnum Christi / Legion of Christ
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Religious
Postal code: 30076
Country: United States
Our Mission is to form apostles as Christ formed His Apostles. By giving ourselves completely to Christ, He fills our hearts with passionate zeal for His kingdom. Filled with this zeal, we build up the Kingdom of Christ in society and transform culture.
Legion of Christ
Are you a keen problem solver with an analytical mind? Can you help support and ensure our Major Gifts team has the data, research, and tools they need to shape their strategies and reach the right donors with the right messages, and raise money for a great mission? If so, we would like to hear from you.
Our Development Team is expanding under the direction of the Chief of Development (COD) for Regnum Christi in the North American Territory. Under the supervision of the Chief of Staff (COS), and reporting directly to the COS, the Development Specialist (DS) will have the ability to manage and work with data for fundraising and Major Donor cultivation.
S/he will also research and recommend strategies for new prospects as well as new opportunities with existing donors and prospects, with a prioritized focus on supporting the Director of Development with Major Gifts and coordinating the Major Gifts Task Force (MGTF) to include research support as well as personal follow up and recognition of this audience.
- Ability to manage data and data quality for MGTF and COS
- Create donor reports
- View data from a fundraising lens
- Identify prospects (current donors and prospects candidates)
- Knowledge of iwave (preferred)
Major Gifts Task Force
- Coordinates the MGTF
- Supports Development Officers (DOs) in relation to their MG prospects
- Helps create a solicitation strategy
- Works with DOs to highlight what MG program can accomplish and what each team member’s role will be
- Evaluates results
Working with Development Officers (DOs) and Senior Team Leaders
- Conducts research on prospects and prepares briefing materials for the Development Team and Regnum Christi Senior Leaders
- Directly interacts with DOs managing research needs for DO trips as well as proactively coordinating calendars according to research findings as it relates to major donors
- Creates Major Donor presentations as needed
- Assesses capacity, specific interests in the Church, philanthropy in general and relationships to identify and qualify new prospective donors and assesses new opportunities with existing donors, through the following avenues:
- Prospects suggested by staff and volunteers; also identifies/maps relationships of volunteers and deeply engaged donors for the purpose of identifying new prospects
- Conducts and manages wealth and philanthropy screenings to identify those with potential to make major gifts – internal to Regnum Christi as well as within the Catholic Church and other external sources.
- Identifies potential foundation prospects from external sources
- Supports cross channel fundraising analysis and completion of reporting
- Fosters cohesiveness within the development team by being support in specialist role in the major gifts task force
- Additional special projects as needed by the COS
- Bachelor's degree required.
- At least 3 years of experience in Prospect Research, including experience with targeted Google searches, Foundation Directory Online and other common sources.
- Experience working with donor database (Salesforce CRM preferred)
- Capacity to synthesize large volumes of information, find the details relevant to fundraising, present findings and recommendations clearly, concisely and accurately
- Candidate must be a self-starter with strong attention to detail
- Ability to plan and execute projects from conception to completion
- Ability to power through challenges
- Advanced computer skills, including PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Google
- Experience visualizing data for reports in a tool such as PowerBI (preferred)
- Strong Communication and Writing Skills
- Customer service orientation is essential
- Ability to produce and manage multiple requests at one time is essential
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Understanding and familiarity of Regnum Christi
- Ideally a practicing Catholic or openness to the Catholic faith and fully supportive of the mission of Regnum Christi and the Catholic Church
- Position based in Atlanta, GA. Open to remote work for an exceptional candidate.
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
• Compensation: DOE
• Excellent Benefits
Working with great people in achieving the Catholic Church's modern evangelizing mission!
• With Development Specialist in the subject line, qualified individuals should email: (a) a meaningful cover letter; (b) wage expectations; and (c) resume to [email protected]
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert