Required Skills and Experience
· 10-15 years of experience in communications and marketing
· Bachelor’s degree with a record of continuing education through personal and professional development. Graduate degree is desirable.
· Experience developing strategic communications and marketing plans
· Strong media relations skills, contacts, and experience
· Exceptional researching, writing, and editing skills
· Experience writing and editing for digital and social media
· Exceptional verbal skills and experience talking to reporters in the capacity of a spokesperson, including crisis communications
· Ability to set goals proactively, work plans, and recognize the resources necessary to achieve those goals and objectives, and a willingness to find those resources
· Attention to detail
· Experienced with communications in policy, public health, education
· A strong desire to build public support and political power for protecting children’s and adolescents’ access to health care
The Alliance uses WordPress, Salesforce, and Salsa for its CMS, CRM, and email marketing. Candidates with experience in database management, Google analytics and SEO, Adobe Creative Suite, HTML, and CSS will be favored. Experience with Google Grants a plus.
This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. The incumbent will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by the supervisor.