The Richard K. Lubin Family Foundation was established as a charitable trust in 1986. Since its inception, the Foundation has been dedicated to improving the quality of life in the Greater Boston region. The Foundation is committed to grantmaking that creates positive change in education, medical research and clinical care, as well as music and the visual arts.
The Foundation is governed by an active and engaged board. As the capacity of the Foundation and its grantmaking have grown, the Board has recognized the need to hire a professional team that can support this work well into the future. With the Executive Director and Program Director in place, attention has turned to needed grants management and administrative support.
The successful candidate will play a key role in supporting an ambitious grant making program. This is a wonderful opportunity to contribute to the work of a small, highly effective team.
The Assistant will join a small team, reporting to and working in partnership with the Executive Director. Responsibilities will span administration, board relations and special projects.
The Executive Director is looking for a versatile self-starter who is highly organized, administratively detailed, with strong writing skills, creativity and the ability to play many roles. S/he should be excited by the opportunity to contribute to the structures and systems needed for an impactful Foundation that is growing in its grantmaking, reach and profile in the greater Boston area.
As the office is still being established, this is an evolving position that requires flexibility and a range of skills:
● Superior organizational capacity, with attention to detail, commitment to follow through, precision, and accuracy
● Skilled writer and copy editor, proofreader and note-taker
● Excellent interpersonal skills and comfortable in working across organizations including grantees, high-level executives and board members
● Enjoys troubleshooting and problem solving and communicates well
● A team player who is open, adaptable, able to juggle multiple projects
● A motivated, proactive work ethic with a strong focus on customer/client service internally and externally
● Sense of humor and generous in spirit
● Resilient with a healthy approach to work/life balance
• Develops systems and processes to ensure efficiency and effectiveness in office procedures and records management, including calendars and events, regulatory filings, memberships and other commitments. Ensures the organization and integrity of internal systems.
• Responsible for the data entry and maintenance of Foundant, the Foundation’s grant management system. This includes processing all donations as well as contributing to the development of report prototypes.
• Facilitates and monitors grants, including providing cash flow and requirement reports, reviewing, analyzing and summarizing requests for funding and financial administration of grants.
• Provides general office support and other administrative assistance as needed including mail, telephone, photocopying, scanning and ordering supplies, conference registration and travel as required.
• Provides general program support including taking meeting minutes and facilitating distribution of materials.
• Oversees and drafts general correspondence including letters of acknowledgment, appreciation, grant award and declination, tailoring contracts to reflect funding agreements as well as routine correspondence with Board and family members.
• Manages all aspects of planning and preparation for Board and Team meetings including collating and distributing materials. Takes meeting minutes and ensures that official records are circulated in a timely manner.
• Aware of the legal and regulatory context within which the foundation operates.
• Conducts background research on issue areas pertinent to the Foundation and creates research summaries to support funding decisions and Board interest.
• Manages ad hoc assignments and special projects as they arise