Chief Academics & Talent Systems Officer
KIPP FOUNDATION - DC
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Education
Postal code: 20037
State: Washington, DC
Country: United States
KIPP, the Knowledge is Power Program, is a non-profit network of 242 college-preparatory, public charter schools educating nearly 100,000 early childhood, elementary, middle, and high school students.
Reporting directly to the President of the KIPP Foundation, the Chief Academic & Talent Systems Officer will lead the KIPP Foundation’s engagement with the network of as we rigorously prioritize our efforts to improve specific academic outcomes and deepen the quantity, quality and diversity of our regional leader and school leader development pipelines. The Chief Academic & Talent Systems Officer will build and lead a team that thrives in supporting KIPP regions as they plan and execute against a focused set of multi-year priorities, and in codifying key learnings that can strategically be shared across the network. In some cases, the Chief Academic and Talent Systems Officer will identify best-in-class outside expertise that can accelerate the improvement of practice ‘on the ground’ in a region.
Specifically, this individual will:
- Partner with network leaders and KIPP Foundation teams to prioritize specific academic and talent goals and drive multi-year progress against these goals
- Lead the design and execution of world-class programs and services – leadership development programs, learning networks, coaching services, consulting services, campaigns – to support network growth and improvement;
- Cultivate productive relationships with and between network leaders to leverage the network’s collective strengths and accelerate learning and improvement.
THE CAREER OPPORTUNITY
For a proven leader, change agent and systems thinker, this position offers the following career opportunities:
- The opportunity to assume a critical leadership role as a nationally recognized school network drives against its next horizon plan;
- The opportunity to implement global best practices at national scale, proving what’s possible in American education
- The opportunity to build an equitable educational environment that levels the playing field for students, regardless of their background, and prepares them for fulfilling lives and building a more just world
- The chance to work with an unbelievably passionate team of educators who are making a proven difference in the lives of students nationwide
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The ideal candidate blends an equity mindset with executive leadership skills, including strong strategic and design skills with hands-on operational capabilities. This individual is an exceptional builder of deep, productive relationships marked by trust, integrity and respect. This individual will be adept at balancing her/his own strong point-of-view with a listening and consultative approach that allows for adaptability and flexibility.
Specifically, this individual will have the following experience and capabilities:
- Demonstrated leadership, management and coaching skills in dynamic organizational settings.
- Executive level experience building organizational capability though improved leadership practices and structures, talent strategy and professional development.
- Successfully implement large scale initiatives across diverse stakeholders and environments.
- Experience driving quality improvement in core systems and practices in multi- site organizations.
- Ability to lead execution of complex workstreams across multiple teams in matrixed environments.
- Balances head and heart in decision making (data driven decisions but also the humanity associated with the work that we are doing).
- Drives Vision, Purpose and Outcomes in a way that ensures KIPP’s commitment to equity and racial justice
- Ability to Build Deep, Synergistic Relationships
- Interpersonal and Organizational Savvy
- Demonstrates Flexibility/Resilience
- Highly Effective Team Leadership & Communication
- Systems Orientation
LOCATION & TRAVEL
Location is flexible and travel will be no more than 40% annually.
KIPP offers competitive salary commensurate with experience. A comprehensive benefits package, generous vacation and PTO, 401k retirement plan with both pre- and post-tax options, as well as gym reimbursement, flexible spending account (FSA), and cell phone reimbursement are also offered by KIPP.
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
To apply please click here.
KIPP Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and an organization that values diversity. People from all diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert