Vice President, Communications
Gary Community Investment Company/The Piton Foundation
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Function: General Management
Primary domain: Foundation/Grantmaking
Postal code: 80202
Country: United States
Gary Community Investments, which includes the Gary Community Investment Company and The Piton Foundation, invests in for-profit and philanthropic solutions for Colorado's low-income children and their families.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
For more than 40 years, Gary Community Investment Company and The Piton Foundation (collectively, "GCI") have been committed to improving the lives of Colorado's low-income children and their families by increasing access to quality early childhood education and youth development opportunities while fostering family economic stability and community economic development. Their multi-pronged approach focuses on investing in nonprofit and for-profit transformative solutions at the program, policy and systems levels while also overseeing a suite of in-house programs -- Shift Research Lab, Get Ahead Colorado, Tax Help Colorado, and Futurebound -- focused on supporting local families and children.
With former State Senator Michael Johnston at the helm as newly appointed President and Chief Executive Officer, GCI has entered an exciting time of growth and change as they work to have transformative impact on the lives of low income Coloradans and build a new national model for social change.
Learn more about The Piton Foundation and Gary Community Investments at: https://www.garycommunity.org/piton
ABOUT THE POSITION
Reporting to the President and Chief Executive Officer and serving as a member of the Senior Leadership Team, the Vice President, Communications will develop and manage the overall communications strategy for this dynamic, multi-faceted organization which includes Gary Community Investment Company (GCIC), The Piton Foundation (Piton), and Piton's four operating programs (e.g., Shift Research Lab, Get Ahead Colorado, Tax Help Colorado and Futurebound).
As the organization embarks on this next chapter of change and innovation, the VP, Communications will lead the charge both internally and externally in establishing a clear and cohesive organization-wide branding, messaging, and media strategy. This key leader will ensure that GCI effectively tell its story in a way that reaches and resonates with a wide array of stakeholders (e.g., partner organizations, investors/investees, policy makers etc.) and in doing so, position the organization as a trusted leader in the space both locally and at at the national level.
This is an exciting opportunity for a mission-driven communications professional to shape and execute the communication strategy for an evolving, impact-driven organization that believes business and philanthropy can, and should, work together to create opportunities for Colorado's low-income children and families.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and implement an integrated strategic communications plan to advance GCI's brand positioning and broaden visibility, awareness, and support of the organization's overall strategy, programs and priorities across a wide range of key stakeholders (e.g., investees, partners, staff etc.)
- Oversee GCI's brand identities, brand assets and messaging to ensure consistent, high-quality external communications, and ensure there is internal alignment with the organization's brand and strategy
- Manage media and press relations to ensure positive coverage of GCI programs, special events, public announcements and other projects
- Lead editorial direction, content development, design, production, and distribution of the organization's publications
- Manage a small but mighty, ~2-person communications team; setting clear and ambitious goals and serving as a coach and advisor to ensure strong outcomes
- Collaborate with the human resources, senior staff and Board to promote positive internal communications that engage and inform employees and ensure that GCI's culture, values and beliefs are reinforced across the organization
- Serve as an active member of the Senior Leadership Team and engage heavily in a collective decision-making process
- Forge relationships with external partners (e.g., consultants, other foundations, nonprofit organizations, governmental entities etc.) to create opportunities for collaboration
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- 10+ years' experience in communications and public relations
- Management/supervisory experience
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Demonstrated experience leading a comprehensive strategic brand management effort aimed at advancing an organization's mission and goals
- Proven ability to communicate complex ideas, such as social policy and data, to a variety of audiences
- Ability to prioritize communications activities, considering time and financial resources available
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, manage competing priorities and advance multiple projects
- Flexible, innovative, self-motivated and able to work effectively independently or as a member of a larger team
- Palpable motivation and commitment to the mission of GCI; familiarity with Colorado, particularly the seven county Metro Denver area, strongly preferred
- Bachelor's degree in English, Public Relations, Communications, or Marketing
- Public Relations accreditation a plus
Salary and benefits will be competitive and commensurate with experience
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS PLEASE APPLY:
Gary Community Investment Company & The Piton Foundation are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, prior record of arrest or conviction, or current employment status.
On-Ramps is deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe social change happens when people with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences, and identities come together with common purpose. We're partnering with the team at Gary Community Investment Company & The Piton Foundation to build a diverse team that will help improve the lives of Colorado's low-income children and their families. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
Posted By: On-Ramps
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert