American Jewish Committee
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Advocacy/Social Action
City: New York
Postal code: 10022
State: New York
Country: United States
Founded in 1906, AJC seeks to enhance the well-being of the Jewish people and Israel, and to advance human rights and democratic values in the United States and around the world. Among Jewish advocacy organizations, AJC is the leader in the global arena. We are known for our unparalleled access to diplomats, government officials, and faith leaders in more than 100 countries. In addition to our New York headquarters and Office of Government and International Affairs in Washington, D.C., AJC has offices across the United States and around the globe and maintains partnerships with Jewish communities worldwide.
The AJC’s Global Communications Department seeks a skilled video editor and producer who is a passionate advocate for the Jewish people to serve as Video Specialist. This position will work on daily and long-term video initiatives related to advancing and communicating AJC’s policy, branding, and development messages.
The specific responsibilities outlined below are not exhaustive. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter proficient in all creative areas of video production, including concepting, the development of motion graphics, editing, and post-production.
The Video Specialist works collaboratively with AJC’s graphics team, photographers, podcast team, and more while adhering to AJC’s core values: Respect, Teamwork, Integrity, Excellence, and Accountability.
- Serve as AJC’s internal video expert.
- Work with the Director of Digital Communications and Public Affairs and the Director of Social Media to brainstorm video ideas and identify opportunities for video usage across the agency;
- Responsible for the concepting, producing, and editing of videos produced in-house at AJC. Videos, which will range from GIFs to stylized motion graphics in scope, will be used for a range of audiences, including, but not limited to social media, AJC.org, and AJC events;
- Act as AJC’s point person for “on-set” production of video interviews and other video recording, including, in some instances, filming and livestreaming;
- Where appropriate, work with the Digital Content Writer and Editor to transition written content into audio or video content;
- Where Collaborate with the Graphics team to obrain relevant photographs and graphics for videos.
- Oversee and coordinate video vendor-related work, including scheduling, reviewing, and researching;
- Advise AJC on, and lead the acquisition of, software and other technology and hardware necessary to produce videos;
- Liaise with the Chief Legal Officer’s office to ensure usage rights.
- Assist the Director of Public Affairs and Digital Communications in the production of vendor-created videos, including during AJC’s annual Global Forum;
- Field video requests, and advise on video strategy, from a range of colleagues;
- Guide the strategy for and oversee the administration of AJC’s YouTube and Vimeo Channels.
- Two to three years’ work experience in the field of
video communications, including at least one year of experience with video
production and editing and one year of capturing footage;
- Bachelor's degree;
- Experience with video editing and related software,
namely Adobe products;
- Exceptional motion graphics skills;
- Flexible work style with the ability to work late and
on weekends (often on short notice);
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills,
especially across all levels of the organization, and pleasant demeanor;
- Ability to meet tight deadlines;
- Motivated self-starter capable of working independently
as well as within a team environment;
- Track record of demonstrating sound judgment by making
appropriate decisions and knowing when to take initiative;
- High level of professionalism with the ability to
maintain sensitive and confidential information;
- Understanding of online communications technologies;
- Grasp of current events, particularly as they affect
American Jewry, the Jewish people, and Israel;
- Commitment to AJC’s global mission and familiarity with
the Jewish community:
AJC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Medical, dental, vision, parental leave, sick leave, leave early for Shabbat, paid vacation
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert