Senior Director, Data and Evaluation
The Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, & Transgender Community Center (The Center)
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Advocacy/Social Action
City: New York
Postal code: 10011
State: New York
Country: United States
Where everyone is celebrated for who they are. The Center is the heart and home of NYC’s LGBT community, providing programs for health, wellness and community connection.
About The Center:
The Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, & Transgender Community Center (The Center) has been a comprehensive resource and refuge for LGBTQ individuals and communities in New York City since 1983. With their doors open 365 days a year, they welcome 6,000 unique visitors weekly, providing: health and wellness programs; career development; family and parenthood support services; and arts and cultural events.
With a long history of advocacy and advancing the rights of LGBTQ New Yorkers, The Center is deeply connected to the community and held as a premier, historically significant institution. They continue to evolve their program offerings and impact in the community, having doubled their budget over the past six years. They are also a leader in developing cutting-edge, community-responsive programming that is widely replicable. Learn more about their history and work at gaycenter.org.
The Center is staffed by approximately 130 full- and part-time employees that make up eight departments, including programs, development, finance, people, advocacy, communications, and operations. Beginning in 2017, The Center underwent a multi-step process to transition nearly all of its data to the Salesforce platform. As part of the transition, The Center has committed to more intentionally utilizing data to inform decision making and better understand the organization’s effectiveness and impact at fulfilling its mission.
As a key member of the senior leadership team reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Senior Director of Data and Evaluation (SDDE) will develop the vision to ensure The Center becomes a data-driven organization. To do this, the SDDE, in partnership with the Executive Team, will create the strategy and facilitate the change management process to ensure the commitment to, and adoption of, a data-driven culture and practice throughout the Center.
The SDDE will manage a team of four, including the Revenue Systems Data and Evaluation Manager, Program Systems Data and Evaluation Manager, Salesforce Administrator, and Data Quality and Training Coordinator. This team is charged with overseeing all enterprise systems at The Center, including the collection, analysis, and reporting of data with a focus on performance metrics and continuous improvement across the organization.
How The SDDE Will Be Measured:
- Leadership & Vision: In partnership with the senior leadership team, set the vision and create the strategy for data and evaluation in order to improve The Center’s collection and use of data across the entire organization.
- Change Management: Align people, systems, and improvement projects by connecting the data and evaluation work to The Center’s mission while building trusting and collaborative relationships with Center staff to create a shared vision and buy-in.
- Enterprise Systems Assessment & Development: Working across departments, design an enterprise system roadmap through ongoing needs assessments, comparing systems’ current state to desired future state, developing nuanced understanding of The Center’s goals, and planning for risks and opportunities.
- Team Management: Effectively translate goals into strategies and tactics for the team; support and hold the team accountable for achieving those goals.
- Metrics and Outcomes: Work with the senior leadership team to establish measurable outcomes for each department, define what teams measure, and provide the tools, support and oversight to achieve outcomes.
- Demonstrated commitment to The Center’s mission to support and empower historically oppressed communities, with specific track record working in service of the LGBTQ community
- Experience leading the data culture, systems, and strategy work to improve an organization’s ability to be data-driven
- Highly effective change leader, with experience influencing across an organization, galvanizing people around a vision and strategy, and building data-driven cultures
- Experienced and effective team manager able to motivate, develop, and empower individuals to execute plans and achieve outcomes
- Experience designing, implementing, and operating deep and multilayered enterprise systems and solutions, utilizing Salesforce
- Outstanding project management skills Strong communications skills and ability to translate complex data and information to a variety of audiences
The Center’s Commitment to Equity & Inclusivity
The Center was born of community activism in response to the AIDS epidemic, ensuring a place for LGBTQ people to access information, care, and support that they were not receiving elsewhere. We opened in 1983 to help people who had doors constantly closed in their faces, ostracized by family, friends, and shunned by the general society. Since that time, we have continually provided a wide array of services and programs to serve our community, with an intentional focus on providing support to those who are most vulnerable. We have always taken great care to be a space that responds to community need; engaging in diversity, equity and inclusion work is another outgrowth of those ongoing efforts. We recognize that in order to help LGBTQ individuals and our diverse community achieve parity in health, justice, opportunity and success outcomes, our organization must hold a strong foundation and competency in, as well as invest organizational focus on, equity and inclusion frameworks, practices and policies. This is also true in our hiring and retention of staff.
$120k - 140k
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
To learn more or apply, please click here.
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert