The Program Officer will be responsible for the development and implementation of strategic initiatives for the Neubauer Family Foundation. This role will manage an active portfolio of grants that enable high-potential people or ideas to transform systems. Based in Philadelphia, the Program Officer must be results-oriented, entrepreneurial and committed to realizing change through the development of actionable initiatives. This role will be responsible for ensuring the Neubauer Family Foundation’s grant initiatives are well-planned, strategic and effectively implemented. These initiatives currently include but are not limited to K-12 education (school leadership, arts, and high school improvement), Israeli/Arab integration in higher education, and innovative leadership in arts & cultural organizations.
The Program Officer will report to the Executive Director (ED) and work closely with other members of the NFF team. Responsibilities
· Develop, research, draft, edit and proofread written materials such as memos, reports, research summaries, policy analyses, correspondence and other materials.
· Assess the strengths and weaknesses of potential partners, organizational vehicles and personnel needed to execute program strategy.
· Develop and execute tactical work plans in various stages of initiative development, implementation, and sustainability.
· Identify innovative and effective models to scale, replicate, or adapt.
· Define and lead team towards measurable goals and identifying methods for quantifying impact with reference to current research studies and findings.
· Evaluate project budgets to ensure they are highly cost-effective.
· Manage contracts and consultants (as-needed).
· Lead the development of evaluation plans and oversee the progress of grantees.
· Prepare and present regular oral and written reports.
· Monitor and identify emerging trends for issues that are relevant to the Foundation.
· Prepare internal written summaries and data to track and assess current and emerging issues for potential investments.
· Develop and manage partnerships with relevant stakeholders.
· Communicate regularly with grantees, project partners, and funders of aligned efforts.
· Organize and facilitate convenings that enable the Foundation to deeply understand the root-causes of impacting Philadelphia.
· Prepare written and other necessary materials that summarize strategic issues and decisions for consideration of the Board of Trustees.
· Ensure excellent stewardship of the Neubauer Family Foundation’s funds and maximum impact.
· Additional duties as assigned.