Director of Communications
Social Venture Partners
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Community/Capacity Building
Postal code: 06880
Country: United States
$1M - $3M
Social Venture Partners Connecticut (SVP) is a statewide venture philanthropy organization with 170+ donor partners that have collectively invested over $3 million in financial and human capital in more than 30 nonprofits. SVP fosters collaborative solutions to critical social challenges. Partners work closely with each other and community partners – through grants, consulting, coaching, and collective action – to address the opportunity gap in Connecticut.
As social change makers, we envision a future where all people in our state have the opportunity for high quality educations and economic livelihoods with family sustainable earnings. During the past three years, our organization has experienced remarkable growth in our Partnership (45 to 170 Partners) and in the scope of our activities (from 3 to 14 social impact projects). We have built a consulting model that enables volunteer Partners to create significant value by performing capacity building work with nonprofit and public sector partners. Our consulting work is helping to scale and support many leading nonprofit organizations in education and workforce development across Connecticut. SVP operates as a program and field of interest fund at Fairfield County's Community Foundation, and also maintains a fund at the Community Foundation for Greater New Haven.
The Director of Communications is an exciting leadership opportunity for an individual who is entrepreneurial, collaborative and passionate about philanthropy and social change. This position reports to the Executive Director and will spearhead all communications efforts to support SVP’s continued growth. The Communications Director will build effective partnerships with key stakeholders and develop a strategic communications plan to build awareness of the organization’s impact. SVP's newest team member will be an individual of the highest integrity, who is enthusiastic to tell our story, an excellent convener who is compelled to advocate and represent SVP and its mission. This exceptional opportunity is for an experienced, energetic and ambitious leader to take a hands-on role in shaping the future of this growing organization.
Communications Strategy and Management
- Develop an annual communications plan that aligns with the organization’s vision for growth, in collaboration with the SVP staff, board, and partnership.
- Create SVP's communication content across all relevant media, digital, and social platforms. Establish appropriate aesthetic and tone for all materials and content. Act as a powerful ambassador of SVP's brand.
- Communicate SVP's values and demonstrate a strong commitment to equity in all of our communications.
- Curate and leverage multi-media stories of SVP's work including our community impact projects, partnership development, and community engagement.
- Coordinate and manage distribution of communications to segmented audiences. Develop specific goals for reach and engagement with target audiences.
- Design marketing collateral and content, including dynamic content for the website, newsletters, social media, podcasts, blogs, etc.
- Update SVP presentations and internal documents to create a unified look and theme that reflect the digital, social and other platforms.
Digital Communications Management
- Redesign and modernize SVP website.
- Produce monthly newsletters – develop content, design and distribution.
- Develop and manage event promotions in collaboration with other staff.
- Analyze digital data results to inform communications strategy and planning.
- Perform ongoing management of website and social media platforms.
- Establish and drive performance metrics and manage the communications budget.
- Participate as a member of the leadership team. Provide regular communications reports to the Board of Directors and partnership.
- Serve on board committees and ensure all members are engaged and supported effectively.
Relevant Experience / Qualifications:
- Five or more years of professional communications experience, having developed effective communications and marketing strategies for businesses or nonprofit organizations
- Successfully managed projects from inception to completion. Highly organized and detail oriented with strong project management skills.
- Able to collaborate with multiple stakeholders to build and execute plans that reflects the organization's values and strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to design communications, while utilizing data to analyze the outcomes
- Exceptional public speaking and written communication skills as well as active listening skills.
- Ability to write clearly and relay information in a concise and persuasive manner as well as edit copy for clarity and grammatical accuracy
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to build positive and respectful relationships
- Strong computer and graphic design skills, including proficiency in Microsoft office suite, Internet and email applications, Word Press, Mailchimp, and Adobe Creative Suite. Knowledge of Salesforce a plus.
- Social media savvy. Professional experience handling social media sites for business or nonprofit organizations
- Self-starter who demonstrates high levels of motivation, organization and accountability. Capacity to manage multiple tasks and negotiate several priorities simultaneously, working both independently and as a team member.
- Committed to the importance of diversity, equity and inclusion
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
All submissions (cover letter, resume, answers to four questions) must be made through our online portal.
Click Here for Director of Communications Application
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert