Chief Strategy Officer
The Trevor Project
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Function: General Management
Primary domain: Human Services
City: New York
Postal code: 00000
State: New York
Country: United States
$3M - $10M
The mission of The Trevor Project is to end suicide among gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, queer & questioning young people. The organization works to fulfill this mission through four strategies:
1. Provide crisis counseling to LGBTQ young people thinking of suicide.
2. Offer resources, supportive counseling and a sense of community to LGBTQ young people to reduce the risk that they become suicidal.
3. Educate young people and adults who interact with young people on LGBTQ-competent suicide prevention, risk detection and response.
4. Advocate for laws and policies that will reduce suicide among LGBTQ young people.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
The Trevor Project is the world's largest suicide prevention and crisis intervention organization for LGBTQ young people. We are a non-profit that provides 24/7 life-saving support via phone, text, and chat. We also operate the world's largest safe space social networking site for LGBTQ youth and run innovative research, education, and advocacy programs. We've been saving lives every day for over 20 years.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Chief Strategy Officer leads organization-wide strategic planning and goal-setting, including the multi-year strategic plan and the annual goal-setting process. The Chief Strategy Officer will ensure that the organization is working effectively and collaboratively to achieve its strategic plan, and will oversee the central data reporting function that monitors and communicates progress against the multi-year plan and annual goals. This individual will also serve as an in-house consultant to departments on key questions around strategic planning and execution, as well as leading organizational planning and recommendations on critical strategic decisions. With significant big-picture perspective and the ability to plan across multiple time horizons, the Chief Strategy Officer will ensure The Trevor Project creates and delivers on its ambitious strategic plan to save LGBTQ young lives.
What you'll do:
- Serve as a key member of The Trevor Project's executive team and act as an advisor and thought partner on all aspects of the organization's life-saving work
- Lead the organization's multi-year strategic planning process, partnering closely with the Board of Directors and staff across departments
- Oversee the annual goal-setting process, working closely with staff across the organization to set quarterly goals that will enable The Trevor Project to achieve its strategic plan
- Monitor and report on progress against the strategic plan as well as quarterly and annual goals, overseeing the central organizational hub for objective metrics and data reporting
- Ensure the organization delivers on its strategic plan by identifying potential setbacks and strategically deploying the appropriate support to get back on track
- Serve as the organization's primary executive champion for the strategic plan and annual goal setting process, providing clarity across the board in order to both garner excitement and ensure teams are set up for success
- Oversee planning and analysis around key strategic decisions and projects, including any potential future expansion into new services, languages, or geographies
- Ensure all departments within the organization are coordinated in pursuing the strategic plan, particularly around critical strategic initiatives that involve multiple departments
- Serve as an in-house consultant for departments across the organization regarding key questions around departmental strategic planning and execution
New York, NY or Los Angeles, CA
Who you are:
- Big picture thinker. You're someone who thinks strategically. You love to brainstorm and come up with big bold ideas. You look at the way things are and then imagine 20 ways they can be improved.
- Collaborative. You know the best results come from teamwork, and can work closely with all parts of a growing organization, regardless of department or role.
- Inspiring. You're a leader that brings incredible people along with you. Whether to internal stakeholders or external partners, you can articulate a clear vision and how everyone can play important roles in pursuing Trevor's mission.
- Action-oriented. You know how to get things done. You move quickly and smartly. You love to set challenging goals and develop plans to achieve them.
- Organized and efficient. You know how to manage a large number of priorities across multiple teams and initiatives, using your time and the time of others effectively. You know that results take more than good strategy to succeed.
- Communicator. You can communicate clearly and concisely. You are an excellent listener and synthesizer, able to articulate the views of others in addition to your own perspectives and rationale.
- Analytical. Beyond being able to crunch data and present your findings, you can lead others in analytical processes and ensure their work effectively includes all key components of an analysis. In sum, you're a data leader and a data mentor.
- Execution-minded. You understand that a strategy needs to be implementable and can think through the execution implications of strategic decisions.
- Passionate. You care about LGBTQ youth. You care about saving lives. You want to come to work and feel inspired every day. You want to change the world.
- Fun. The work we do is very serious, but that doesn't mean we don't have fun. We know how to have a good time and you should too.
- Generous vacation, holidays (like a full day off to celebrate Harvey Milk Day!), and Summer Fridays.
- Comprehensive health insurance (we pay 100% of your premiums for medical, dental, and life), including gender affirmation surgery.
- Fun office environment and passionate team. It's NBD around here if Jonathan Van Ness or Imagine Dragons drops into our office.
- The Trevor Project is an equal opportunity employer.
- Meaningful work at an organization that is saving the lives of LGBTQ young people across America every day.
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS, PLEASE APPLY:
Posted By: On-Ramps
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert