Chief of Staff
The Trevor Project
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Function: General Management
Primary domain: Human Services
City: New York
Postal code: 00000
State: New York
Country: United States
$3M - $10M
The mission of The Trevor Project is to end suicide among gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, queer & questioning young people. The organization works to fulfill this mission through four strategies:
1. Provide crisis counseling to LGBTQ young people thinking of suicide.
2. Offer resources, supportive counseling and a sense of community to LGBTQ young people to reduce the risk that they become suicidal.
3. Educate young people and adults who interact with young people on LGBTQ-competent suicide prevention, risk detection and response.
4. Advocate for laws and policies that will reduce suicide among LGBTQ young people.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
The Trevor Project is the world's largest suicide prevention and crisis intervention organization for LGBTQ young people. We are a non-profit that provides 24/7 life-saving support via phone, text, and chat. We also operate the world's largest safe space social networking site for LGBTQ youth and run innovative research, education, and advocacy programs. We've been saving lives every day for over 20 years.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Chief of Staff will serve as the trusted right hand to the CEO and is responsible for the overall operations and effectiveness of the Office of the CEO. The Chief of Staff will support the CEO in working and communicating effectively with all internal and external stakeholders, including staff, volunteers, board members, donors, and partners. The Chief of Staff will ensure that the CEO is focused on the most important priorities for The Trevor Project. This person will act as a stand-in for the CEO in certain meetings and ensure that every moment of the CEO's day is best spent to ensure The Trevor Project can help even more LGBTQ youth.
What you'll do:
- Serve as a key member of The Trevor Project's executive team and act as an advisor and thought partner to the CEO on all aspects of the organization's life-saving work
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the Office of the CEO, help set its strategic priorities, and ensure flow of correspondence is timely and effective
- Ensure that the CEO's time is leveraged effectively, including engaging the right participants in and out of meetings and problem solving with stakeholders in advance to maximize their time with the CEO
- Work with every team in the organization on behalf of the CEO, including partnering with our Communications and Development teams in drafting communications on behalf of and in the voice of the CEO
- Serve as the primary liaison to the Board of Directors and oversee the planning and execution of all Board meetings
- Own behind-the-scenes preparation to make CEO meetings, both internal and external, successful, including the tracking, monitoring, and execution of action items that stem from these meetings, as well as attending many of them
- Ensure the executive team is operating effectively and efficiently and oversee the planning and execution of executive team meetings
- Partner closely with the Executive Assistant to the CEO to optimize the CEO's schedule, using your knowledge of current priorities internally and externally
- Maintain a critical eye to ways the CEO's time can be best utilized by formally and informally assessing systems in place and implementing new ways to make things work better
Who you are:
- Organized and efficient. You can keep track of 100 different things at once. It's NBD for you to manage a dozen different priorities and track progress across multiple complex projects while responding to tons of emails.
- Big picture thinker. You're someone who thinks strategically. You love to brainstorm and come up with big bold ideas. You look at the way things are and then imagine 20 ways they can be improved.
- Results-focused. You set clear timelines and drive projects to completion. You move with a sense of urgency and know how to get things done.
- Collaborative people person. As one of the main public faces for the CEO, you are always friendly, kind, and professional. You love working with people, including your amazing colleagues, and are a collaborative team player.
- Clear communicator. You are direct and concise. You speak and write eloquently and with a situation-appropriate tone, whether over the phone, in person, e-mail, memos, PowerPoint, snail mail, or social media channels.
- Trustworthy. You handle confidential and sensitive information with humility, professionalism, and discretion.
- Passionate. You care about LGBTQ youth. You care about saving lives. You want to come to work and feel inspired every day. You want to change the world.
- Fun. The work we do is very serious, but that doesn't mean we don't have fun. We know how to have a good time and you should too.
- Generous vacation and holidays (like a full day off to celebrate Harvey Milk Day!), and Summer Fridays.
- Comprehensive health insurance (we pay 100% of your premiums for medical, dental, and life), including gender affirmation surgery.
- Fun office environment and passionate team. It's NBD around here if Jonathan Van Ness or Imagine Dragons drops into our office.
- The Trevor Project is an equal opportunity employer.
- Meaningful work at an organization that is saving the lives of LGBTQ young people every day.
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS, PLEASE APPLY:
Posted By: On-Ramps
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert