Do you want to have a major impact on an organization that makes positive societal change and has great culture? If so, read on, because BBYO is looking for awesome talent to join our leadership team as our Chief Financial and Administrative Officer (CFAO) in Washington, DC.
As the CFAO for BBYO, you will work closely with the Chief Executive Officer & senior leadership to serve as a business partner, helping set and execute strategy and will be responsible for all financial operations, risk management, contract administration, and general business operations. In this role, you will report to the CEO and will lead and oversee the finance team in their day to day operations. Based on experience, the position may also include supervision of our information technology (IT) team.
If you thrive in developing relationships and collaborating with others. If you succeed in creating systems and processes to drive cross-functional teamwork at the highest level. If you work to remove barriers to internal and external collaboration. If you are able to adapt and be flexible. If you lead organizations in a future-focused manner to inspire new approaches, reward creativity, demonstrate resilience and accept change. If you love to develop and organizational climate that allows for taking measured risks and seeing mistakes as learning opportunities… then this role may be your dream job!
BBYO is the leading pluralistic, Jewish teen movement and has been providing exceptional leadership programs and identity enrichment experiences for 90 years. BBYO’s growth is fueled by an innovative and comprehensive resource development program. We are the Jewish community’s largest and fastest growing pluralistic platform for reaching and inspiring Jewish teens during the school-year with 600 teen-led local chapters and over 100 weekend retreats along with a plethora of summer experiences including Israel visits, global travel programs and leadership camps The organization’s system-wide budget is over $35 million and supports the activities of more than 150 employees in over 40 locations across the US and operates in over 50 countries outside of the US. Our budget has tripled in the last 10 years, as has our membership growth.
What you will get to do as CFAO:
With full oversight of the organization’s financial operations, the CFAO will have responsibility for the following specific functions:
· Accounting – oversee adherence to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles in the preparation of all financial statements, accounting processes and appropriate grant accounting
· Treasury -- oversee banking relationships and cash management, including receivables and payables
· Audit -- work with the external auditors and ensure adherence to all regulatory requirements and filings (such as 990)
· Financial planning & analysis -- development of annual and future financial planning and the analysis of existing financial performance and capital investment
· Management -- hiring, development and supervision of a high functioning financial organization
· Risk management -- assessing the financial (and as needed legal) risks of the organization to ensure effective internal controls, safety and compliance.
Finally, the CFAO will serve as a member of the senior management team and should be able to effectively support a CEO, have the executive presence to work closely with the Board of Directors, including the Treasurer and the Finance Committee, work productively with outside auditors and work productively with peer senior managers to support the organization's ambitious growth objectives while providing appropriate risk management.