Would someone describe you as #helpful? Are you known for your problem-solving ability? Would you thrive in a fast-paced environment match-making clients with our services? We want to talk to you! The Management Center (TMC) is seeking a Manager, Client Support to join our growing intake team. We are looking for candidates who have a sharp racial equity lens, are highly organized, passionate about details, and excited to support organizations by connecting them with the management services that will help them run more effectively and get their best results.
Who We Are
Our mission is to help social change leaders learn how to build and run more effective organizations so they can deliver great results. Founded in 2006, we’re now a 45+ person, $11 million organization (and growing!). We've helped shape the practices of hundreds of influential organizations and thousands of individual managers, with a particular focus on social justice organizations. Our clients work on issues – like promoting immigration reform, fighting for racial, economic and gender justice, advocating for educational equity, and protecting voting rights – where they face an inherently uphill battle and so must fight more effectively than their opponents if they are going to win. We aim to help them do that by making their organizations as effective as possible, by providing coaching, training, and publications for the broader field.
Managed by the VP of Client Support, Wendy Guyton, the Manager of Client Support will be a critical and integral member of the Client Services (sometimes referred to as Intake) Team who will work across the organization to help ensure we meet the needs of our clients so they can achieve their missions in the world.
What You’ll Do
The newly created role of Manager of Client Support will work with all clients (and potential clients) in a manner that shows that they are valued and leaves them being even bigger fans of TMC after they come into contact with you. The role will likely evolve over time, and the more you can handle, the better, but at a minimum, you will:
1. Engage -- approximately 35% of your time
● Respond to all incoming inquiries for our in-house training services (when we send a trainer to an organization to train all or parts of their team) in a timely and accurate manner.
● Provide exceptional service to clients from initial contact through contracting: you’ll ensure clients are properly routed through our process, are connected with the right member of the Client Support team (including yourself), and feel supported along the way.
2. Connect -- approximately 35% of your time
● Conduct initial client inquiry calls: talking with clients to explore their needs and learn more about their team’s strengths and challenges.
● Manage client experience from inquiry call to contract including determining training audience and agenda, trainer match, selecting a training date, pricing, and contracting. (And keeping track of all these moving pieces with excellent follow up and follow through!)
● Match client with TMC services, products, and content that best meet clients’ needs while making strategic decisions reflecting TMC’s organizational objectives.
● Whenever possible, provide clients with quick assessment, coaching, and/or tools during initial communication that provides some immediate assistance.
3. Administration -- approximately 30% of your time
● Ensure accurate entry and updates to client data into our database (Salesforce) so that we can track our pipeline, impact and progress towards goals!
● Collaborate with Training Team and Administration Team in matching trainers with open registration training sessions.
● Take on ad hoc special projects for the Client Support Team to help to streamline our processes and make them more effective for the team and for clients
What Else You Should Know
We are an equal opportunity employer, are committed to racial equity, and we make a particular effort to recruit people of color, indigenous people, gender-non-binary people, and others who have historically marginalized identities to apply for open positions.
This position is based in Washington, D.C., and is full-time.