About Pennsylvania Voice
Pennsylvania Voice is a statewide network of more than 30 organizations committed to creating a fair and just Pennsylvania by making democracy more accessible, inclusive, and representative.
Pennsylvania Voice works with their partners to employ the principles of collective impact, unifying change agents from different sectors around common goals to strengthen democracy, build the capacity of partners with shared resources, and amplify the voices of communities of color.
A small team of experienced organizers/strategists drives Pennsylvania Voice. The team supports, facilitates, and builds relationships between state leaders representing more than 30 distinct organizations around four specific program areas:
· Civic engagement: Creating year-round integrated voter engagement campaigns to increase voting, voter registration, and participation in civic life among all Pennsylvanians, specifically with communities of color.
· Access to the ballot: Modernizing elections to make voting more convenient and fully accessible to all.
· Reflective Democracy: Restoring true representation to Pennsylvania’s democracy by ensuring a fair and accurate 2020 Census and subsequent redistricting process that is grounded in fair, equitable and community driven maps.
· Racial equity: Creating more opportunities to support the leadership development of people of color.
The work of Pennsylvania Voice is grounded in a shared commitment to racial and gender equity, and requires the ability to work collaboratively, in true partnership, to build meaningful consensus amongst partners.
For more information on Pennsylvania Voice please visit their website.
The Executive Director will advance the work of Pennsylvania Voice through the following responsibilities:
Organizational Development and Management
· Oversee all long-range organizational planning, project and program development, new campaign development, and strategic planning.
· Manage Pennsylvania Voice’s financial operations including developing annual budgets and monitoring expenditures and income during the year.
· Work to ensure a healthy, collaborative workplace and organizational culture that includes opportunities for staff’s professional development.
· Serve as the key liaison with the Board of Directors, managing and maintaining open communications and assisting in the support and continued development of the Board.
· Develop and lead the implementation of PA Voice’s annual fundraising strategy, ensuring a diversified funding base including foundations, individuals, and special events.
· Establish and maintain relationships with all current and potential donors through a diligent process that includes cultivation, solicitation, and acknowledgement.
· Ensure that resources are adequate to meet the annual budget.
Organizing, Advocacy, and Program Leadership and Convening
· Commitment to breaking down barriers to civic participation, restoring confidence in government, and bringing people of color – and their issues – to the center of public discourse.
· Ensure the successful operation of existing advocacy programs and the development of program expansion.
· Facilitate and support the implementation of strategic plans in collaboration with partners.
· Convene diverse communities and populations to build advocacy skills and leadership for the achievement of mutually defined goals.
Communications and Community Relations
· Develop and maintain strong, positive relationships with program partners and allies, including participation in statewide networks and the national State Voices network.
· Establish and maintain understanding of the political landscape to enable PA Voice and its partners to chart cohesive political strategies.
· Represent and promote PA Voice and its partners to key public officials, community members, press, and the public in order to ensure an accurate and positive public presence for Pennsylvania Voice, its partners and their missions.