Development Manager-Individual Giving
Food Allergy Research & Education
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Other
City: New York
Postal code: 10022
State: New York
Country: United States
FARE’s mission is to improve the quality of life and the health of individuals with food allergies and to provide them hope through the promise of new treatments.
Our work is organized around three core tenets:
- LIFE. Support the ability of individuals with food allergies to live safe, productive lives with the respect of others through our education and advocacy initiatives.
- HEALTH. Enhance the healthcare access of individuals with food allergies to state-of-the-art diagnosis and treatment.
- HOPE. Encourage and fund research in both industry and academia that promises new therapies to improve the allergic condition.
Reporting to the Assistant Director of Individual Giving and based in the NY office, the Development Manager will help shape the implementation of a robust fundraising strategy and ongoing advancement of our mission and vision through fundraising. He/she will be working closely with the Individual Giving, Major Gifts, and Special Events teams in achieving these goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with the Individual Giving team on annual fundraising goals and campaigns.
- Assist in developing and implementing fundraising strategies and supporting the Assistant Director of Individual Giving and other colleagues in managing and engaging the various Boards.
- Help coordinate all administrative aspects of individual giving and major gift solicitations including but not limited to research, spreadsheet tracking, proposal drafting, etc.
- Conduct and provide research on prospective donors, partners, and event attendees.
- Support cultivation and fundraising events via direct donor engagement and logistical tasks as assigned.
- Assist in managing and updating notes and activities in the CRM and in facilitating gift acknowledgement and recognition letters.
- Establish and staff a Young Leadership Committee.
- Perform other duties as assigned to support the development department team members.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a demonstrated record of completing assignments on or ahead of schedule.
- High level of professionalism, creativity, and integrity.
- Exceptional organizational, logistical and administrative skills.
- Ability to ensure accuracy in documentation and data.
- A team player with a positive attitude; comfortable working with all levels of staff.
- Flexibility in varied job assignments.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- 3-5 years of experience with fundraising, or related activities, preferably for a nonprofit
- Strong written and verbal communication; able to communicate and present in a professional demeanor with constituents at all levels.
- Self-starter; highly organized with exceptional attention to detail.
- Proficient in the use of various MS Office programs, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.; Basecamp experience helpful.
- Database management experience; Salesforce experience highly preferred.
- Position requires occasional nights and weekend work.
- Available and willing to travel as required.
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Please send your resume to [email protected]
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert