KIPP’s Insight & Analytics (I&A) team supports the use, analysis, presentation and application of high-quality data and research regarding KIPP schools, teachers, students, and parents. This data enables KIPP to answer the network’s Six Essential Questions:
1) Who are our students?
2) Are our students staying with us?
3) Are KIPP students achieving and progressing academically?
4) Are KIPP alumni climbing the mountain to and through college?
5) Are we building a sustainable people model?
6) Are we building a sustainable financial model?
KIPP’s Insight & Analytics team supports a network of high-performing schools by providing key stakeholders with data needed for constant learning, decision-making, marketing, and development. The ideal Insight Analyst candidate loves telling a story through numbers and analysis, is highly detailed and process-oriented, and is always trying to find the most efficient way to complete a task. In addition, he or she is a strong communicator, relationship-builder, and proactive self-starter.
KIPP currently has over 33,000 alumni and that number will grow to over 80,000 by 2025. As our alumni network grows, KIPP wants to create a more cohesive alumni network. We also want to ensure we are tracking our alumni outcomes. The Insight Analyst’s primary functions will be supporting these new efforts through supporting research and analytics, compiling data for reporting and external communication purposes, and collaborating with Foundation colleagues across other teams to support their data needs.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
The Insight Analyst’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Academic Insight Agenda
Lead I&A’s insight agenda around K-12 assessment
· Determine annual academic insight agenda aligned with KIPP Foundation’s 2020 imperatives
· Conduct analysis on all assessment data (STEP, State Test Scores, ACT, APs). This work includes defining high priority research questions to answer, conducting the analysis, and presenting the work in visually pleasing and easy to understand ways.
· Prepare and deliver regular reports to keep key stakeholders informed about student achievement, including the
Partner with R&E team and IT to design, develop, and test achievement-focused reports available through the Healthy Schools & Regions website.
· Collaborate with KIPP colleagues to help develop reporting strategy, priorities, and roadmap.
· Lead efforts to create new reports including collecting stakeholder input, developing and refining requirements, partnering with IT on developing a plan to ensure data structure is aligned with vision, and building new Tableau reports
· Collaborate with KIPP colleagues to determine dashboard strategy and metrics
New Initiatives: Support KIPP’s innovation efforts and 2025 goals by leading strategic initiatives. Specific projects will depend on new initiatives.
· Lead network goal setting around new 2025 scorecard
· Leading analytical efforts to determine new metrics aligned to our 2025 plan
Leadership role on the I&A, RDI, and KIPP Foundation teams
· Manage team of 2-3 analysts ensuring that they deliver high quality training and insight to KIPP Foundation, school, and regional staff members, in a way that embodies KIPP values.
· Contribute to the annual planning process by prioritizing assessment and insight work, identifying buckets of continuing and new work, identifying interdependencies, setting budgets
· Represent I&A on cross-team priority groups
· Share analytics and findings with senior leadership team
· Plan and lead sessions at School and Regional leader retreats
- Achievement Orientation
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
- Planning and Execution
- Impact and Influence
- Relationship Building and Stakeholder Management