Humane Society for SW Washington
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Animal Related
Postal code: 98666
Country: United States
$3M - $10M
Our mission reflects our identity as a progressive organization seeking to make a significant community impact:
rescue • return • restore • rehome • reconnect
one animal at a time
The Humane Society for Southwest Washington is committed to enriching the lives of people and pets in our community. We have been completing families since 1897 and are committed to serving our community as it changes and grows. Through education, outreach, adoption, events and support services for families in need, we’re expanding our HSSW family every day! Imagine working with people to care for the dogs and cats in our community of Southwest Washington.
The Humane Society for Southwest Washington (HSSW) is in search of The Ideal Leader to join our team as HSSW President. The ideal candidate will have vision and high energy with passion, persuasiveness and integrity. They will excel in big picture thinking, creating a great organizational culture, providing inspired leadership to the executive team, building a great working relationship with the board of directors and set a course for the organization’s strategic plan with the tenacity to implement. Consider a change working toward a mission that will change you forever! People + Dogs + Cats
The Humane Society for Southwest Washington seeks an experienced leader with demonstrated skills leading a nonprofit or equivalent for-profit organization(s) in the $6 million annual revenue range, with a complex set of services, community programs, stakeholders and business models.
This position draws on a diverse set of established expertise ranging from fundraising, business and financial skills, building coalitions and alliances, transactional management of retail sales and consumer services, as well as municipal contract negotiation and management to leadership of mission centric community services for companion animals and their humans.
This is an opportunity for an individual who possesses deep appreciation for the meaningful relationships that people + dogs + cats and other companion animals build together; the impact these relationships have on individuals and families; and the important role a Humane Society can have on the communities it serves.
The ideal candidate will possess:
· A genuine passion for the mission of the Humane Society for Southwest Washington
· An entrepreneurial attitude always looking toward the future
· Successful results as the top executive leading an organization of relevant size and complexity
· A strong ethic of excellence and being in-service to others in accomplishing both mission and business objectives
· A collaborative team builder of staff, volunteers, and community
· A Track record of solid accomplishments in fundraising through active participation and solicitation
· The skills and credibility to speak and act as the face of the Humane Society for Southwest Washington
· Demonstrated passion for the organization’s mission.
· Entrepreneurial attitude, leadership and management skills experience. Experience directing operations, managing staff, fundraising and providing financial oversight for a nonprofit or for-profit business.
· Experience in managing and cultivating donors/donations, with particular focus on capital campaigns.
· Demonstrated ability to negotiate contracts and manage projects, including overseeing the construction of the new building and remodel of the shelter.
· Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to lead multiple teams and work effectively with staff, volunteers, and donors, as well as community leaders, animal welfare advocates and organizations, the media, elected and government officials and other key stakeholders.
· Strong Communicator. Excellent listener and ability to communicate using multiple channels, keeping messages understandable for a wide range of stakeholders and abilities; experience making compelling presentations.
· Proven ability to work collaboratively, provide constructive feedback, solve problems, inspire positive staff morale. Commitment to personal and professional development of both staff and volunteers.
· Exemplifies the highest level of personal and business ethics, honesty and transparency
· A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent experience in relevant field preferred.
· Within 6 months of starting, must be a resident of Clark County, Washington.
$120k - 140k
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Nonprofit Professionals Now, a WVDO Company, is excited to be supporting the Humane Society for SW Washington in this search.
A full job description and application information is available at: www.wvdo-or.hiringthing.com. All applications must include a resume, cover letter and screening questions.
Application Deadline: April 6, 2020
Posted By: Nonprofit Professionals Now
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert