Global Finance Director
Bridges to Prosperity
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Other
Postal code: 80205
Country: United States
$3M - $10M
Bridges to Prosperity envisions a world where poverty caused by rural isolation no longer exists.
Rural isolation is a root cause of poverty, and we believe that connection is the foundation for opportunity. Incorporated in 2001, B2P builds cost-effective, scalable infrastructure that connects communities that face extreme isolation. The organization has supported or constructed bridges in 21 countries that serve more than 1.1 million people providing them with vital access to schools, clinics and hospitals, markets, jobs, and government services.
B2P is a purpose-driven organization, focused on rapidly scaling our solution globally. To support our ambitious growth strategy, we are on the hunt for a Global Finance Director who is responsible for full cycle financial reporting, the development of financial metrics and the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve company assets and report accurate financial results.
Duties and Responsibilities
FinancePlanning, Policy, and Board Relations
- Oversee cash flow planning and ensure availability of funds as needed.
- Oversee cash, investment, and asset management
- Maintain banking relationships
- Develop and utilize forward-looking, predictive models and activity-based financial analyses to provide insight into the organization’s operations and business plans
Accounting and Administration
- Coordinate the development and monitoring of budgets
- Develop financial business plans and forecasts current year
- Participate in corporate policy development as a member of the leadership team
- Engage the finance committee of the board of directors to develop short-, medium-, and long-term financial plans and projections
- Engage audit committee for review of annual reports and filings
- Engage finance committee on all matters related to financial management of the organization
- Represent the company to financial partners, including financial institutions, investors, foundation executives, auditors, public officials, etc.
- Remain up to date on nonprofit audit best practices locally and abroad in program countries and state and federal law regarding nonprofit operations
HQ Payroll and Employee Benefits Management
- Significant travel to program countries required up to 25%
- Oversee the accounting department to ensure proper maintenance of all accounting systems and function; coordinate and guide local in country financial/administrative staff
- Ensure maintenance of appropriate internal controls and financial procedures
- Ensure timeliness, accuracy, and usefulness of financial and management reporting for senior leadership, donors, and B2P’s Board of Directors; oversee the preparation and communication of monthly and annual financial statements
- Coordinate audits and proper filing of tax returns in US and program countries where required
- Ensure legal and regulatory compliance regarding all financial functions
Legal and Risk Management
- Oversee monthly payroll processing
- Oversee employee compensation and benefits including medical, expatriate medical, dental, vision, HSA, and employee retirement plans
- Understand and mitigate key exposure points within the organization’s risk profile
- Construct and monitor reliable control systems
- Maintain appropriate insurance coverage
- Ensure that the company complies with all legal and regulatory requirements
- Ensure that record keeping meets the requirements of auditors and government agencies
- A minimum of a BS and CPA or similar designation; MBA preferred
- At least 5 years experience in a key financial role, preferably in an organization with a budget of at least $5 million, experience partnering with senior staff, resulting in the development and implementation of creative financial management strategies.
- Non profit management experience a plus
- Experience managing staff both local and remote: cross cultural experience a plus
- Significant experience in or knowledge of nonprofit accounting, including fund and grant accounting, compliance, and reporting.
- Experience working with information technology staff to manage finance and accounting software packages.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership ability, team management, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent analytical and abstract reasoning skills, plus excellent organization skills.
Based in US. Travel to Rwanda, Uganda, Bolivia and US offices required, up to 25% time.Additional Requirements
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. This is largely a sedentary role; however, frequent travel by plane and automobile is required. This would require the ability to sit, transfer, bend or stand as necessary.
Further, this position communicates with a diverse staff in multiple locations using video and audio conference technology. Qualified applicants must be able to communicate effectively in these situations.Sound like you? Tell us a bit more about yourself by 31 March, 2020.
We have seen firsthand the benefits of a diverse team, and the strength that comes with diversity in experience, background, and perspective. We strongly encourage applications from individuals that would bring a unique or underrepresented perspective to our organization.
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
To apply, visit https://bridgestoprosperity.org/global-finance-director/
Or email [email protected]
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert