Member Engagement Consultant Global Philanthropists Circle, EU
The Synergos Institute
Position Type: Part-Time (Paid)
Function: Strategic Planning
Primary domain: International/Foreign Affairs
City: London, England United Kingdom
Postal code: W1T 4TQ
State: Outside the USA
$10M - $20M
A world built on trust, which is just, equitable, peaceful, and regenerative.
To help solve complex issues around the world by advancing bridging leadership, which builds trust and collective action.
Equity and social justice – recognizing and respecting the rights of everyone, promoting fairness
Collaboration – honoring everyone’s wisdom and the benefits of diverse perspectives, being humble and open-minded
Compassion – showing empathy, being nurturing and open-hearted
Responsibility – using resources to achieve the greatest impact, being transparent, and honoring commitments
Integrity – acting consistently in an ethical way, being trustworthy
Synergos is a global organization helping solve complex issues by advancing Bridging Leadership which builds trust and collective action. We believe in the power of building trust - it’s how we create regenerative solutions.
The Synergos’ Global Philanthropists Circle (GPC) is a network of over 100 families from more than 30 countries who are committed to using their time, influence and resources to bring about systemic and sustainable change in the world. The GPC is a brave space for leaders to come together, imagining new ways to address our society’s most pressing needs. We provide opportunities for members to advance their impact by drawing on the advice, experience, relationships, and collaboration of other members and the Synergos network. Synergos also provides services in strategic planning and other topics to specific members and their families
We are seeking a part-time independent consultant to join the European team who has worked with high net worth individuals or families, ideally within a non-profit, family office or private client services environment. This consultancy is planned for 3 days per week and must be completed over a period of one year.
You will be working alongside the Director for the Global Philanthropists Circle who manages relationships with European based members but also be part of a global team in New York, San Francisco, Sao Paulo, Prague, Johannesburg and Hong Kong.
This year we are bringing members closer to our mission at Synergos whilst creating opportunities to increase their own impact through collective action and collaboration.
Our strategy also includes coaching families to use a Bridging Leadership approach as well as building closer partnerships with members. This role will suit someone that can build relationships, has strong political, social and environmental awareness, an entrepreneurial and creative skillset, and finally project management skills.
- Provide support with recruitment for the Global Philanthropists Circle in Europe, the Middle East and Africa, working closely with the Director, Europe on cultivation strategies
- In partnership with the Director, support relationships with values-driven philanthropists and social investors to better address systemic causes of poverty and inequity by using the Synergos approach (personal reflection, collaboration, and systems thinking, with an emphasis on bridging leadership)
- Co-lead our partnerships with like-minded organisations that are working to increase the impact and effectiveness of philanthropy
- Develop Bridging Leadership as a cornerstone of effective philanthropy and giving in Europe including leading on the Bridging Leadership Europe programme in 2020-21
- Lead on marketing and communications of the Global Philanthropists Circle in Europe
- Project manage the European calendar of activities
- At least three years-experience of working with high net individuals and families, ideally within a philanthropy, family office and/or impact investment setting
- Nuanced understanding of philanthropy and social investment is absolutely critical, as developed through hands-on experience in the philanthropic, non-profit, and/or social investment sectors
- Proven and strong project management skills
- Experience in budgets, planning and financial management
- Independent, proactive and able to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent written, verbal and listening communication skills
- Willingness to travel internationally (up to 20%)
- Fluency in English; Other languages are a plus
- Flexible working - 60% time required (3 days per week)
- For qualified candidates we offer a fulfilling experience with a highly- engaged global team, with professional work environment and flexible hours.
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Please send a cover letter and resume with a subject line “Application GPC Europe” to [email protected]. Applications are being reviewed on a rolling basis with a final deadline of 30th March 2020.
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert