Employment: Full time with benefits. Salary commensurate with experience. Usual schedule 45 hours per week.
Supervisor: Senior Minister
Responsibilities: The Executive Minister for Operations, Stewardship, and Finance joins the Executive Minister for Movement Building, Care, and Congregational Life, and the Senior Minister on the Executive Management Team. Together, they create and execute the vision for ministry and programs at Middle Church, including worship, education, outreach, stewardship, justice, whole-life programs, and membership growth at Middle Church.
· Is responsible for managing the physical assets of Middle Church.
o Supervises the Operations Team, which includes engineers and the administrative function.
o Collaborates with Collegiate Church Team, Senior Minister, and Church Master to create a comprehensive schedule of maintenance work for the sanctuary, church house, and parsonage.
o Creates and maintains a comprehensive plan for capital maintenance of church site and parsonage.
o Ensures we are insured, and appropriately attending to city and Collegiate policies; manages risk for Middle Collegiate Church.
· Grows the business of the Middle Church Community Center.
o Leverages the physical plant at Middle Church for community organizing, extending our footprint and influence in the city of New York and in the tri-state area.
o Leverages the physical plant at Middle Church for fundraising, including co-workspace, film and television shoots, weddings, concerts, etc.
o Achieves an annual revenue target through space rentals, community partnerships, film-shoots, weddings, bookings, and workspace rentals.
o Liaises with local partners—non-profits, government, congregations, etc.—to create new shared programming in the community center at Middle Church.
· On behalf of consistory and Senior Minister, creates and manages the operating budget.
· Supervises the bookkeeping function and lay-leadership involved in counting/banking.
· Ensures timely reports are generated for consistory and Collegiate Church.
· Monitors the Collegiate Church Appropriation.
· Relates to data manager to ensure accurate posting of revenue.
· Is responsible for the Stewardship functions at Middle Church.
o Generates and executes campaigns that successfully raise the annual operating budget.
o Builds relationships with funders; writes grants.
o Liaises with the Stewardship team and supervises any consultants.
o Generates reports for consistory and Collegiate partners.
o Arranges for lay people to participate in stewardship campaigns (join the movement lay participation); ensures website information, bulletin, and newsletter information accurately reflect stewardship campaigns.
· Supervises the Human Resource team; is the lead Human Resource staff.
o Supervises the evaluation and performance evaluation functions.
o Ensures, thorough supervision, the timely processing of payroll and invoices.
Education and Community Organizing:
· Creates programs and educational opportunities to grow a just and generous congregation.
· Teaches classes for the congregation and the community at large.
· Manages volunteers; recruits and trains them as part of stewardship program.
· Creates and holds small groups for connection, education and relationship building.
· Relates to national, state, city, and local government agencies to leverage relationships.
· Attends precinct and community board meetings.
· Preaches and leads worship as scheduled.
· Is in the “on-call,” and offers care (crisis or well-care) as deployed.
· With staff and clergy, liaises and holds part of the Middle Church community.