Chief Executive Officer
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Crime/Legal
City: San Francisco or Los Angeles
Postal code: 94104
Country: United States
$3M - $10M
OneJustice brings life-changing legal help to those in need by transforming the civil legal aid system. The organization advances the impact of legal aid delivery by analyzing, advocating for, convening, and transforming the network of nonprofits that provide legal assistance to those in need.
OneJustice works for a day when every person facing life problems with legal solutions has access to the quality legal services they need.
Founded in 1979, OneJustice was historically focused on building the capacity of the 150 nonprofits that compose the legal services delivery system in California. The organization is currently exploring how to achieve national impact in response to demand for its approaches and projects from outside California.
OneJustice has been very successful; it has experienced substantial growth in the breadth and impact of its work over the years. The organization seeks a visionary leader to build on its rich history and guide the organization through its next phase of evolution.
The Chief Executive Officer (“CEO”) of OneJustice provides strategic vision and leadership on matters of governance, mission, programs, budget and finance, and operations. They will:
- Oversee all of OneJustice’s activities.
- Ensure effective management and operations of the organization, including administrative, human resources, financial, and planning functions.
- Build and further relationships, partnerships, and strategic alliances with the legal and civil legal aid community and other key stakeholders to help shape and advance OneJustice’s systemic change agenda.
- Raise the profile, visibility, and impact of the organization.
- Serve as an organizational and sector spokesperson and thought leader.
- Drive the financial stability and long-term viability of the organization. Oversee the management of financial resources. Maintain appropriate financial compliance, reporting, and auditing activities.
- Develop and lead the agency’s fundraising efforts, which include stewardship of both private and public funds.
- Cultivate resources needed to accomplish the mission and support all operations.
- Ensure a professional and stable workforce that effectively accomplishes the work of the organization. Maintain the performance management and evaluation system for all staff.
- Manage a high-performing team with ongoing professional development and coaching.
- Enhance the organizational culture, including a sustained commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Ensure the development and effective management of OneJustice programs that fulfill the organization’s mission.
- Support the Board of Directors to fulfill its governance and fiduciary responsibilities.
- Develop and execute effective planning for organizational goals, including the achievement of the organization’s annual program plan.
The ideal candidate is a strategic, innovative, and inspirational leader with excellent organizational and relationship management capabilities, compelling communication skills, and strong fundraising experience.
A civil legal aid attorney with nonprofit executive management experience is highly desired, or comparable professional experience to ensure credibility with OneJustice’s stakeholders, staff, funders, and donors. The organization seeks a leader with a demonstrated commitment to social justice, diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Education: Bachelor’s degree required; a Juris Doctor preferred.
Experience: Ten-plus years of leadership experience in civil and social legal justice and nonprofit organizations, or other organizations requiring budget/financial and operational management responsibility.
A competitive compensation package, including a comprehensive benefits package, will be offered, commensurate with experience.
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
For additional information regarding this opportunity, please contact:
Posted By: Carlson Beck
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert