Start Date: Immediate
Team: Strategic Communications & Design
Location: New Haven, CT or Brooklyn, NY
About Achievement First:
Achievement First, a non-profit 501(c)3 charter school management organization, operates 37 public charter schools in Brooklyn, Connecticut, and Rhode Island. The mission of Achievement First is to deliver on the promise of equal educational opportunity for all of America’s children. We know that every child—regardless of race, zip code, or economic status—deserves access to great schools. Achievement First currently educates more than 14,000 students in historically underserved neighborhoods, with over 90% of our students identifying as Black or Latinx. For more information about the Achievement First mission, model, our schools and team, please visit our website at www.achievementfirst.org.
The Director of Marketing & Digital Strategy is responsible for managing digital and print marketing for both teacher and student recruitment, social media strategy and content, and website and SEO management while overseeing the project management and graphic design functions on a small, dynamic team. This role reports directly to to the team lead and is an ideal position for a person with strong digital marketing and management experience, bold ideas, and excellent strategic thinking skills.
Responsibilities of the Director, Marketing & Digital Strategy include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the management, coaching, growth and professional development of two direct reports: project management & marketing associate and graphic designer
- Runs weekly team meetings ensuring team alignment and progress on open projects
- Manages team budget and advises team lead on allocation of resources in pursuit of team and organizational goals
- Assists team lead in long-term planning, including the creation of our annual goals and execution plan
- Assists team lead in planning and executing team monthly meetings, serves as a vital partner on major team projects
- Marketing & Project Management:
- Leads marketing strategy, including print and digital recruitment campaigns, special projects, and overall brand strategy
- Oversees our digital properities, including the AF website (overseeing the SEO strategy), AF social media channels, AF blog, digital advertising, and other online platforms
- Oversees production and design of overall Achievement First videos, the annual report, and the management of various consultants and vendors
- Supervises Marketing & Project Management Associate’s branding work with schools, and coaches associate on outcomes related to all marketing and digital strategy
- Supervises Graphic Designer, ensuring all creative aligns to brand standards and industry best practices
Skills and Characteristics
- An autonomous self-starter and problem-solver wth a strong work ethic who thrives within a dynamic, small team
- A strong manager with a passion for bringing out the best in others
- A data-driven expert marketing strategist, with particular strength in digital marketing
- Well-versed in SEO best practices and Google’s web services (including Ads and Analytics)
- Experience in managing a CMS (Wordpress preferred)
- Strength in email marketing (Mailchimp preferred)
- Excellent project management skills, and the ability to coach others toward project management excellence
- Deadline-oriented, comfortable operating with a sense of urgency while also maintaining an eye for detail and quality
- Adaptable and flexible, excited to engage in high-level strategy and on-the-ground education in support of our work
· Belief in the Achievement First mission and educational model
Fluency in Spanish a plus.
Educational Background and Work Experience
· Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent work experience)
· 5-7 years of relevant work experience, consistently meeting or exceeding performance goals, with two years managing and/or coaching others.
Salary for this position is competitive and commensurate with experience. Additionally, Achievement First offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Send resume and cover letter to:
Achievement First is an equal opportunity employer and an organization that values diversity. People from all diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. Spanish language proficiency is a plus. You can learn more about diversity at Achievement First here: http://www.achievementfirst.org/about-us/diversity/.