Deputy Chief Operating Officer
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Housing/Shelter
City: New York
Postal code: 10018
State: New York
Country: United States
Comunilife’s mission is to provide vulnerable communities with housing and culturally sensitive and supportive services. We believe that no one should be without the housing and supports they need to lead a healthy, meaningful life.
ABOUT COMUNILIFE: For 31 years, Comunilife has been committed to providing vulnerable communities with housing and culturally sensitive supportive services. The organization believes that no one should be without the housing and supports they need to lead a healthy, meaningful life. In 2019, Comunilife met the needs of more than 2,600 low-income and vulnerable New Yorkers, all of whom struggle with profound challenges including homelessness, HIV/AIDS, and other chronic medical issues, mental illnesses, and substance abuse. 90% of Comunilife’s clients are African-American or Latino, and 50% have Spanish as their primary or sole language.
Founded by its President/CEO, Rosa M. Gil, DSW, Comunilife is one of New York City’s most well-respected and innovative community-based health and housing service providers. For highlights of Comunilife’s major accomplishments for 2019, please click here.
FUNDING: Comunilife has a current operating budget of approximately $50M. 95% of revenue is received through many multi-year government grants and contracts. Additional revenue is received through Medicaid, rental income, and contributions/special events. Comunilife continues to innovate and grow, developing and implementing new programs for the communities it serves.
THE OPPORTUNITY: Reporting to the Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, the Deputy Chief Operating Officer will take a leading role in ensuring that the agency develops, maintains, and continuously improves the administrative and operational infrastructure needed to achieve its mission, goals, and objectives. He/she/they will directly manage the Human Resources, Strategic Planning, and IT departments. The Deputy COO will also collaborate with the VP of Development and Communications, CFO, Senior VP of Programs, VP of Real Estate Asset Management, and other internal and external stakeholders to translate goals and action items into concrete and measured milestones and outcomes.
As Comunilife grows and continues to implement its ambitious five-year Strategic Plan, it is an exciting and pivotal moment in the agency’s evolution. The Deputy COO will join a dynamic and committed team. The Deputy COO will be central to ensuring that the agency’s ambitious strategic goals are met.
- Expertise and knowledge base need to analyze and interpret data and metrics and create reports and data systems for senior management.
- Extensive experience in related senior not-for-profit management roles, particularly operations, HR, strategic planning, IT, and real estate.
- Executive-level managerial ability to lead senior managers in planning and implementing projects and activities to fulfill the agency’s mission, goals, and objectives.
- Exceptional operational management skills.
- Proven ability to lead the development of collaborative, cross-functional teams and the ability to support and inspire the leadership capacity of team members to solve problems and achieve high-impact solutions.
- High degree of experience evaluating and overseeing the effective use of systems and software tools for project management, financial planning, HR management, strategic planning, and technology.
- Hands-on mindset; able to rally colleagues and staff to achieve goals and objectives.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Highly developed and creative problem-solving skills.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Google Suite tools.
- Attention to details and accuracy.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Able to accept and thoughtfully assess feedback.
- Excellent judgment and day-to-day experience working with a diverse group of people.
- Able to handle confidential information with discretion and integrity.
- Able to travel to Comunilife sites throughout NYC. Some evening/weekend work is likely.
- Commitment to the mission of Comunilife.
- Master’s degree in business administration, public administration, not-for-profit management, or related field.
Comunilife offers an attractive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience.
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Please click here to apply online via the Howe-Lewis website or email your resume and letter of interest to [email protected]
Posted By: Howe-Lewis International
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert