· Bachelor's Degree in Public Policy, Evaluation Science, Sociology, Applied Statistics or closely related field, Master's Degree preferred AND
· A minimum of six years of experience with applied research strategy and/or design and implementation, policy analysis, program evaluation and measurement OR
· An equivalent combination of experience and education that provides the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Experience supervising staff including coaching, mentoring, and providing strong leadership in a dynamic work environment.
· Knowledge of affordable housing policy and research and/or knowledge of related social policy arenas such as homelessness, health, education, or other areas.
· Experience conducting or leading program assessments.
· Experience translating program evaluation findings into improvements to current program effectiveness or future program development.
· Experience managing external evaluators conducting program evaluation activities.
· Knowledge of and familiarity with analytic software programs such as Stata, Tableau, and/or GIS; proficiency with MS Office to include Word, Excel, Outlook, and database software.
· Applies effective written and verbal communication techniques to convey clear and timely messages to internal and external stakeholders; listens to others' ideas and concerns; has exceptional public speaking skills.
· Values and contributes to a work environment that embraces and appreciates diversity, equity and inclusion; treats others with respect; promotes cooperation.
· Analyzes problems, identifies alternative solutions, and implements recommendations; demonstrates critical, creative, and reflective thinking.
· Establishes and nurtures relationships with internal and external stakeholders, regularly inviting feedback and suggestions; works cooperatively with others as an active member of a team.
· Works effectively and efficiently to provide quality service to satisfy service expectations; seeks ways to improve service delivery; demonstrates strong program management skills.
· Takes responsibility for own work performance and balancing critical job requirements, initiating and completing work; manages time/conflict/stress; ability to work effectively under pressure in a fast paced environment.
· Adapts to changing business needs, conditions, and work responsibilities; responds positively to change, embracing and using new practices or values.
· Collaborative team player that is at ease working with multiple and diverse stakeholders and who brings enthusiasm, curiosity, humility, and humor to their work.
· Consent to and pass required assessments.
· Consent to and pass a driver's and criminal records background check. Must possess a valid driver's license to regularly travel between work sites, or have an alternative reliable mode of transportation.